Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: When using Meeting Notes Blueprint, it creates duplicate index page

Catherine Agopcan July 29, 2014

We are running into an issue when we create a page using the Meeting Notes Blueprint, it creates a second index page.

Currenlty, a Meeting Notes index page exists, but when someone uses the Blueprint, it creates Meeting Notes (2). It doesn't increment the index page after two though. It doesn't seem to recognize that the very first index page already exists. How can we prevent this?

3 answers

2 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2014

Hello Catherine, this is a known issue for version 5.5-OD-24, and has been fixed in later versions, you may like to upgrade to 5.6 once it is available. Also there is a workaround for such here, it invovles some database tinkering.

Catherine Agopcan July 30, 2014

Hi Guilherme, thanks for the reply. The issue you reference is for tasks. Is this applicable to the index page as well? I don't see anything in the comments related to the index page getting duplicated,which is what we are facing. Do you have a KB article that we can reference for fix this in the database? We are using a hosted environment.

Jochen Stals November 3, 2016

We have exactly the same problem, for product requirements index, meting notes index, etc ... 

Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2017

Hi, we have exactly the same (more than annoying) issue. The index page is duplicated all the time (NOT the tasks on the index page, but the index page itself).

Is it related to the fact that we changed somehow that index page, or because we moved it ?

We are on Confluence 6.0.4 !

bgersekowski June 14, 2018

We're seeing this issue on 6.5.0, but only in one space. We use the Create Meeting Note button on the Meeting Notes page in that space and it always creates a Meeting Notes (2) page. I don't know why but a workaround which seems to be working so far is to:

Rename the Meeting Notes page to Junk

Rename the Meeting Notes (2) to Meeting Notes

Move any child pages under Junk to the Meeting Notes

Delete Junk.

There seems to be some internal linkage from the meeting note creation to the newly create Meeting Notes (2) page which I can neither find nor break, so the solution for now seems to be to just go with it and just tidy it up so that the names appear correctly.

Adam R_D_ June 20, 2018

The above workaround worked on Confluence Server 6.7.1 but one note or caution, when you Delete Junk do not delete the child pages else you'll have to restore them from trash.

Douglas_Danger_Manley March 4, 2019

We're using Confluence Cloud 1000.0.0-66d80941701 and this just recently started to happen to me maybe 2 weeks ago.  I have a lot of child pages under my "Meeting Notes" page, and I would prefer not to have to spend an afternoon moving all of them.

Joseph Abhayaratna March 12, 2019

Same problem here Douglas! Our meeting notes got to a size, and then they started going to Meeting notes (2). Wondering if this is by design to reduce the number of child pages? At any rate, it's a bit annoying.

Like Douglas_Danger_Manley likes this
0 votes
SMAtlassianMber April 1, 2020

We are on Confluence 6.15.7 and this happens to us as well with Meeting Notes and Decision Logs.

Related Post

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Create-Decision-in-Decision-Log-duplicates-the-page/qaq-p/1137645

0 votes
Stephanie Relyea August 2, 2019

We are on 6.14.0 and this is happening to us as well. It would be really awesome if this problem could be fixed!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events