Confluence Default Theme: Change Font Size used in Sidebar

Hi

For years (?) my chosen theme for Confluence has been the Documentation theme. However, with the introduction/expansion of Blueprint and the sidebar capabilities (such as space short-cuts) I'm looking to move back to the Default Confluence Theme (this will be undertaken when we upgrade from 5.2.x to 5.3.x).

My one observation made during testing, is that the Default Theme Sidebar font is larger than that used by the Documentation theme. My QA team has asked whether the font size for the sidebar and only the side bar can be adjusted to something slightly smaller. I know the change is cosmetic, non functional, but I do sympathise with the request. In our instance we have quite a deep tree structure and in some areas some long page titles. The end result is that operators navigating using the sidebar (configured for page tree mode), are being forced to expand the sidebar area to see the page name, then contract it to see the content of the page..this then repeats when they return to the navigation. I'm aware the sidebar can be collapsed, but that's not a desirable state for the requirement.

Is changing the font size possible?

Many thanks!

Gavin.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 01, 2013

You can add custom CSS in the Confluence Administration to override the font size(Confluence Admin --> Look and Feel --> Stylesheet). For instance to override just the nav tree portion of the side bar this should work.

.ia-fixed-sidebar .ia-secondary-container .label {font-size: 9px;}

Many thanks Davin! I'm not too familar with CSS, the following syntax work for my needs (as it resembles the font-size being used in the Documtnation theme I'm migrating away from), this applies change to the entire sidebar navigation (as far as i can see). great stuff!

.ia-fixed-sidebar {font-size: 0.9em;}

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

363 views 2 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you