Customize sidebar of default theme

Rosario De Domenico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2016

I am switching from documentation theme to default theme due to the removal of doc theme support.

I would like to have customizations like:

• Wrap the child tree instead of showing a scroll bar
  • Set a fixed sidebar size (in %)
  • etc.

Can this behavior be configured somewhere or can someone point me on how to achieve this via CSS? (i.e. point to the most appropriate ID to which the CSS shall be applied)

Changing the velocity file is too complicated and not really an option for me, but if this is the only way I would like to know that, thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rosario De Domenico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

After a long reverse-engineering exercise I figured out how to have the text wrap; I added the following CSS in the space stylesheet.

For the fixed size I gave up because it is implemented via JS and it would be too complicated to override it.

.ia-fixed-sidebar div.plugin_pagetree ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list .plugin_pagetree_children_span a {    white-space:normal !important; }

BenJoaquin Gouverneur March 8, 2017

Hi,

I don't know CSS but have the same desire for text wrapping in the sidebar after moving away from the Documentation theme. I have no other content in my space stylesheet and pasted the code above with no effect. Does anyone have any guidance?

Thanks for any help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events