Compatibility with SQL Server 2017

We want to upgrade our JIRA databases to the new SQL Server 2017 instance for better availibility and performance at our company. Is there any planning regarding support of SQL Server 2017 for newer versions of JIRA in future? Can we wait for a new version release which will be compatible with SQL Server 2017 database?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Hey Kanan,

Unfortunately none of the JIRA versions support MSSQL Server 2017 as of yet.

There's a suggestion ticket opened in our system already. Please add yourself as a watcher and vote the issue for it to have more visibility. Being a watcher on a ticket means that you will get notified by all the updates posted on the ticket so you can follow the progress done on the ticket.

Here is the link for the suggestion ticket opened.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Martin

Thanks very much, Martin. I have added a vote and watching these issues from now. I hope the priority of these tickets will be raised as soon as possible, because "Low" priority is not the level of this type of problems.

1 vote

Do you have a timeframe for when SQL Server 2017 support is coming?
I see with the 7.9 release in April SQL Server 2016 support was added

Please, any update on this? SQL Server 2017 is needed!

1 vote

Realting to Peter's post, I also want to know the support date for SQL Server 2017.

We have just updated to a MS SQL 2017 and want to install JIRA for the first time.

There's a hack to run SQL Server 2017 in Compat mode.

It isn't supported though, meaning if anything goes wrong, you can dig down deep into JIRA and debug it yourself :/

@Martin Orzaiz There is posibility to run SQL server 2017 witch 2014 combatibility mode. Will this configuration works properly?

My company migrate to SQL 2017 and i wonder if i have to maintain one serwer in 2014 and second in 2017 OR can i migrate to SQL 2017 wich 2014 compatibility mode?

It will probably work.  But it will NOT be supported, so we can't recommend that you do it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

852 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you