Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer edit attachments

Nate Zylstra April 14, 2022

I know Atlassian had some maintenance issues last week that affected Confluence, but since then it seems we've lost the ability to edit an attachment via the companion app. The edit tool no longer appears in the preview window, or the Attachment object. Can anyone help determine if this was intentional or a bug?

edit_with.gif

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2022

Hi @Nate Zylstra ,

this is not due to maintenance error, Companion app (that allows to edit files) has been removed from Confluence Cloud at the end of March 22

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/functional-differences-in-confluence-cloud-vs-server/

The Companion app that is available in Server will be removed from Confluence Cloud at the end of March 2022.

You won’t be able to edit files using the app after that date.

Hope this clarifies,

Fabio

Thanks for your response @Fabio. You said this is a maintenance error, but the rest of the answer makes it seem like this is intentional. Are we losing that edit functionality going forward?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2022

Sorry @Nate Zylstra , This is NOT a maintenance error

Like Nate Zylstra likes this

Thanks @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ Just curious, do you know of any plans to implement a replacement feature?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2022

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Please take a look to the following article https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Removing-the-Companion-app-from-Confluence-Cloud/ba-p/1884657

Please mark my answer as accepted so that this thread can be considered closed

Linda Granqvist August 8, 2022

So what do I use instead of the companion? Are there any good third party solution doing about the same thing? 

Like RJ Denicola likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events