Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a page be in multiple spaces?

Tessa Antonelli March 26, 2019

I am wondering if it is possible to have a page that sits in more than one space, but is still synchronised and updated. Whether this just means linking to another space, or that you can have duplicate pages which remain in sync.

Thanks

3 answers

2 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

Still if you want the content to be *synced* then I have been able to achieve thorugh multi-except macro (paid plugin).

By using the macro if you enter the content in one page in the macro body then the content will be reflected automatically in another page. But it's single directional and not bi-directional so that one page is just listening for content of another page and the listener automatically gets updated when new content is added to the target page.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Christina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019

I’ve done this through labels on the page and the content by label add-in on the page you want to reference the other content from.

8 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2019

I usually just use:

• Page 1:  Content
  • Page 2:  {include: Page 1}

When you have entire pages to duplicate in many places.  It's not quite a duplication - Page 2 simply goes off and reads the content of page 1 when it needs to show it.  Authors maintain Page 1, and don't have to think about Page 2 or any others.

Jason Christina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019

Nice! Haven’t come across that one yet. Thanks for pointing it out.

Like # people like this
Tara @ Epik August 24, 2019

This seems pretty simple compared to other suggestions. Does it work across multiple spaces?  I have onboarding content I’ve set up to host in one space- then I want to have it listed in multiple additional spaces. Of course I’ll be updating the info regularly so I want to only update it in one space. 

Will this work?

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

Yes, it works across spaces (I left that out to keep the answer short - I should have included something like "Page 1: Content", "Page 2 (in any space): include"

Like # people like this
Tara @ Epik September 18, 2019

Thanks, Nic.  It seems I've come across an issue I wonder if others have experienced- when my master page (Page 1) contains a macro "button" that generates a global template in Page 2- I can't direct the new page to land in the space that my "Page 2" exists in.  

Any suggestions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

The macros run in the context of the page they are running in, not the page they are being "copied" from.  So, yes, it will create in the current space, not the source space.

Like Tara @ Epik likes this

What command do you use to have it created in the in the space it's been copied to? Mine keep creating in the source space...

and I can't get it to automatically generate a new title or date even though I'm using the @spaceKey and @currentDate directions.  (see attached photo).

Thanks for the help!

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 2.11.39 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

No, it doesn't know the context of where it's running, and changing that could break all the permissions (or at least make them almost impossible to work out in a reasonable time).  It's not a good idea to put such "create" macros in pages you are going to include.

Like # people like this

I was afraid of that answer.  

Any other work around suggestions for this issue?  

I'm basically creating a manual with Step by Step instructions, that ideally include templates that need to be filled out. (and this manual would ideally be copied in multiple spaces)...

Like DEV OPS likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

I can't think of one that doesn't involve some form of scripting (allow it to create page in the wrong place, then try to move it) or a new "create from template" macro that has the "in another space" parameter.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events