• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can a page be in multiple spaces?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a page that sits in more than one space, but is still synchronised and updated. Whether this just means linking to another space, or that you can have duplicate pages which remain in sync.

Thanks

3 answers

2 accepted

Tarun Sapra Community Leader Mar 26, 2019

Still if you want the content to be *synced* then I have been able to achieve thorugh multi-except macro (paid plugin).

By using the macro if you enter the content in one page in the macro body then the content will be reflected automatically in another page. But it's single directional and not bi-directional so that one page is just listening for content of another page and the listener automatically gets updated when new content is added to the target page.

0 votes
Answer accepted

I’ve done this through labels on the page and the content by label add-in on the page you want to reference the other content from.

3 votes

I usually just use:

• Page 1:  Content
  • Page 2:  {include: Page 1}

When you have entire pages to duplicate in many places.  It's not quite a duplication - Page 2 simply goes off and reads the content of page 1 when it needs to show it.  Authors maintain Page 1, and don't have to think about Page 2 or any others.

Nice! Haven’t come across that one yet. Thanks for pointing it out.

Like Tara @ Epik likes this

This seems pretty simple compared to other suggestions. Does it work across multiple spaces?  I have onboarding content I’ve set up to host in one space- then I want to have it listed in multiple additional spaces. Of course I’ll be updating the info regularly so I want to only update it in one space. 

Will this work?

Yes, it works across spaces (I left that out to keep the answer short - I should have included something like "Page 1: Content", "Page 2 (in any space): include"

Thanks, Nic.  It seems I've come across an issue I wonder if others have experienced- when my master page (Page 1) contains a macro "button" that generates a global template in Page 2- I can't direct the new page to land in the space that my "Page 2" exists in.  

Any suggestions?

The macros run in the context of the page they are running in, not the page they are being "copied" from.  So, yes, it will create in the current space, not the source space.

What command do you use to have it created in the in the space it's been copied to? Mine keep creating in the source space...

and I can't get it to automatically generate a new title or date even though I'm using the @spaceKey and @currentDate directions.  (see attached photo).

Thanks for the help!

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 2.11.39 PM.png

No, it doesn't know the context of where it's running, and changing that could break all the permissions (or at least make them almost impossible to work out in a reasonable time).  It's not a good idea to put such "create" macros in pages you are going to include.

I was afraid of that answer.  

Any other work around suggestions for this issue?  

I'm basically creating a manual with Step by Step instructions, that ideally include templates that need to be filled out. (and this manual would ideally be copied in multiple spaces)...

I can't think of one that doesn't involve some form of scripting (allow it to create page in the wrong place, then try to move it) or a new "create from template" macro that has the "in another space" parameter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

480 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you