One Confluence page in two places

I need a Confluence page is shown in two places in the same space tree using documentation theme.

Example:

Fruits

Red fruits
      Apple 
      Strawberry

Green fruits
      Apple
      Lime

Look at the Apple page: it should be the same page but in two places distinct.

How to make it in Confluence?

5 answers

1 accepted

What we did to solve this is we moved all our pages physically above the entry point of the navigation tree and labeled all pages. In the navigation tree we just used pseudo pages with the content by label macro and this way we can display the same page in different branches of the navigation tree.

Yana Brodsky I'm New Here Friday

Bruce, what do you mean by "pseudo pages"? I need to set something up the same way and got the Content by Label done, but struggle with "pseudo page" creation.

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Champion Friday

Pages that don't have content other than macros that pull in data from other pages.

try the include page macro:

{include page | SPASEKEY:PAGENAME}

Use the Macro Browser to search for your page.

regards Raffy

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Dec 06, 2012

Hi Fabio,

I think, this is not possible, unless you build your own space tree manually.

Every page has only one parent page and this is the dependency the space tree is built on.

Cheers

Thomas

Hi Fabio,

On top of what Thomas said, it is not possible at the moment. Despite virtually they have different parent page and not located in the same place, however Confluence will treat all pages the same under the same space, despite they are located on very different parent page, physically, it's still under one space, therefore there shouldn't be duplicate page name under one space. There's a feature request regarding this, however it's closed as won't fix.

Hope this helps.

FYI - I opened a feature request some time ago: CONF-25888

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

251 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you