One Confluence page in two places

Fabio Di Bernardini December 6, 2012

I need a Confluence page is shown in two places in the same space tree using documentation theme.

Example:

Fruits

Red fruits
      Apple 
      Strawberry

Green fruits
      Apple
      Lime

Look at the Apple page: it should be the same page but in two places distinct.

How to make it in Confluence?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bruce Schlueter December 6, 2012

What we did to solve this is we moved all our pages physically above the entry point of the navigation tree and labeled all pages. In the navigation tree we just used pseudo pages with the content by label macro and this way we can display the same page in different branches of the navigation tree.

ybp13 April 13, 2018

Bruce, what do you mean by "pseudo pages"? I need to set something up the same way and got the Content by Label done, but struggle with "pseudo page" creation.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2018

Pages that don't have content other than macros that pull in data from other pages.

Like # people like this
6 votes
dy raffy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

try the include page macro:

{include page | SPASEKEY:PAGENAME}

Use the Macro Browser to search for your page.

regards Raffy

Steve Walton June 28, 2019

I followed dy raffy's advice and used the Include Page macro and it worked.  The page displayed is like a 'mirror image' of the original page.  

Like Gadi Katz likes this
Gadi Katz February 11, 2020

Worked great.

This tip allowed me to do exactly what I needed.

Laura LePage March 31, 2020

worked great! thank you!

charleslcso October 28, 2020

Great! Great!

varsha.venugopal November 9, 2020

Thank you!

0 votes
Mark February 19, 2013

FYI - I opened a feature request some time ago: CONF-25888

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Hi Fabio,

On top of what Thomas said, it is not possible at the moment. Despite virtually they have different parent page and not located in the same place, however Confluence will treat all pages the same under the same space, despite they are located on very different parent page, physically, it's still under one space, therefore there shouldn't be duplicate page name under one space. There's a feature request regarding this, however it's closed as won't fix.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2012

Hi Fabio,

I think, this is not possible, unless you build your own space tree manually.

Every page has only one parent page and this is the dependency the space tree is built on.

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events