Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to sync a page between two separate instances of Confluence?

Rebekkah Brown March 28, 2016

There are questions here about copying one Confluence's page into another, but what we really need is the ability to link the parent page in the original instance of Confluence to its child clone in the second instance such that the second stays up-to-date with the first, real-time, as new updates are made. (For managing requirements for a project involving two separate company's/teams.)

Is such a thing possible?

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
DavidF March 12, 2017

Hi Rebekkah,

you might want to take a look at this:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.comalatech.remotepublishing/server/overview

Its free but requires comala workflows to work.

Cheers
David 

0 votes
Barbara Snyder April 4, 2016

Will using the include-page macro work for you? Or excerpt-include?

0 votes
Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

Yes, but involves developing and copying the page's content, with all limitations/problems that this implies.

How I would do it, would be to listen for PageUpdatedEvent. If this is the page I want to replicate, then I'd use a rest client to post the content of this page to a rest endpoint on the other server. Now, on the other side, i'd just replace the replica's body with the ones I just sent.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events