Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sort table created by "Content Report Table"?

Anssi Käki March 9, 2018

I'd like to sort table of pages (in alphabetical order by name) created with Content Report Table.  Currently the pages are sorted in creation order (newest to oldest), how can I change that?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2018

Hi, Anssi,

It's not possible to sort the pages in alphabetical order by name using the Content Report Table

We do have a feature request for it here: CONFCLOUD-31438 - Content Report Table macro should have sorting parameter

We suggest you add yourself there to receive updates and vote for increase its popularity.
More information on new features can be seen here

2 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2018

You can sort Content Report Table by page title by clicking the table header cell.

In case you need to have permanent sorting applied, you can use Table Filter macro and set Default sorting option to "Title ⇧".

Jerry Dodge April 15, 2020

I see no such option in the Content Report Table. The column headers are just plain text, no clickability. 

Like # people like this
Ole Jørgen March 9, 2021

The corresponding jira issue also indicate that it's at least possible to sort explicitly ("... if we do not explicitly sort by the page title column"), but I can not find any way to sort the table in neither edit-mode or view-mode..

Reading https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Can-I-sort-table-created-by-quot-Content-Report-Table-quot/qaq-p/746933#M115332 I think the feature has been nerfed at some point :/

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2021

@Ole Jørgen as @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ has mentioned before, wrap the Content Report Table macro into the Table Filter macro provided by the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and apply the required sorting.

And here is a short 2-minute video tutorial how to aggregate (create pivots) and visualize your reports based on the Content Report Table macro.

Like # people like this
Ole Jørgen March 10, 2021

Thanks I missed that (Table filter is a third-party paid confluence app).

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2021

Yes, it is. It works both with plain manually created tables and with Confluence macros that return data in a tabular format (Content Report Table, Page Properties Report), so you'll be able to apply sorting (filtering, pagination, etc.) to such tables as well.

0 votes
Andreas Kronwald August 2, 2018

The only workaround we have found is to add an ID to the Page Content Table. Then we use this ID to sort the table but don't show it in the Content Report.

Of course you have to manage the ID manually, which is annoying...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events