Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I extract or run an on-demand report for all inline comments in a document?

A technical analyst is reviewing one of our documents. As a part of the review and editing process, they have made a series of inline/unresolved comments in various pages across a 60+ page document. They would like to extract all the comments, or some kind of report that lists which pages have comments on them (instead of manually going through each page again).

I am very new to my company (and to Confluence). Does confluence support an on-demand report or some such specifically for comments within a specific section of a page tree?

Thanks for any time spent in reading this.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Sep 03, 2018

Hi there, Isaac.

According to the question that was asked earlier, which I believe is related to yours - Inline comments report for confluence , you can check on the following add-on to see if it caters to the requirement that you have here:

Since there is no default feature in Confluence that can pull the information that you require, give it a try and let me know if that works for you.

Will do, thanks!

0 votes

Hi @Isaac Steele

The Talk Advanced Inline Comments for Confluence app can help you with your case. Once you start using Talk as inline comments, you can collect them from different spaces and pages with the Talk Report. It automatically provides the following information:

Talk report.png

When you click on the page name in the Page Column, you find yourself on the relevant comment thread.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

749 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you