Bulk edit pages in space

siva May 12, 2021

In our confluence space they were 90 pages, i need to update those 90 pages with same value. Is there any bulk change option if it is please help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Siva.

3 answers

0 votes
Tosin Ojikutu September 6, 2023

Subbing so I get notified if a more elegant way of doing this is implemented. Since we can do it on Jira currently, we should hopefully be able to one day do it in Confluence 🤞🏾

Amelie Winkler _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2023

Hi @Tosin Ojikutu – Amelie from the Appfire team here!

If you're open to third-party add-ons, there are a couple of apps that can help with bulk updates in Confluence, but it depends on what you want to update on your Confluence page.

Can you elaborate on what you'd like to bulk-edit?

Tosin Ojikutu September 7, 2023

Thanks @Amelie Winkler _Appfire_ I had about 20 pages that had a prefix 'PGD' in their title so I wanted to remove the prefix and add a 'PDx' suffix to all the pages at once. 

I eventually went in and added them all yesterday manually but it would have been cool to bulk edit them at once. (Though on reflection, I don't think that specific bulk edit option is available on Jira either 🤔)

Amelie Winkler _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2023

Hi @Tosin Ojikutu  – I’m glad you got it sorted – even if it was manually! Next time you face a similar bulk change and want to avoid the manual grind, you could try our app, Confluence CLI.

It’s a command-line tool that could have saved you a bunch of time with one command like this:

--action runFromPageList --regex "PGD.*" --space COM --common "--action renamePage --title \"@title@\" --space COM --findReplaceRegex "PGD:" --findReplaceRegex "$:PDx"""

We’ve got versions of this app for Jira, Bamboo, and Bitbucket, too – in case you ever need to tackle bulk edits/changes in any of those products.

Like Tosin Ojikutu likes this
Tosin Ojikutu September 8, 2023

That is amazing. I will come back to this if I come across this issue in the future when working with future clients. 
Thanks so much again @Amelie Winkler _Appfire_ 

Like Naveen Kumar_Appfire likes this
Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps
Marketplace Partner
October 18, 2023

@Tosin Ojikutuif you are moving to cloud (might be forced to) a no code way to add a prefix or suffix in bulk across any space is Space Content Manager. It is one of a suite of tools we have built. Got tired of macros, CQL...

Like Tosin Ojikutu likes this
Tosin Ojikutu February 16, 2024

Thanks Stavros. I do love a good no code option 😅

Like Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps likes this
0 votes
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2021

Hi @siva 
I hope you are well.

If you have the pageID of the target pages, you can create a script to update each page using the Confluence REST API.

For an example, refer to Using the Confluence REST API to upload an attachment to one or more pages .

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

@siva 

This is the only thing I have seen to accomplish this but it is not the most elegant solution.  

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Bulk-change-confluence-pages-content/qaq-p/1026293

siva May 12, 2021

Hi Brant thanks for welcome,

Yes, i saw that question before i think that is very lenghty process and risky too is there any alternate ways Thanks....

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

I don't know of a way to just edit a snippet of content on a page through a bulk process, sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events