My scenario is that I need to change a few pieces of text across hundreds of Confluence pages. We have a software change and our documentation needs updated.
I have found out a way to make multiple changes in Confluence using a find+replace.
In my test I found that Confluence was good enough to replace the original intra-page links and excerpts when I did my test.
*Be very careful with your edits. Do not modify the space key or the space name.
I am working on post-migration issue: In the migration I have used the confluence space import to "copy" a cloud space from one organization to a new one. Which worked
However some of the links in confluence are referencing to domain of the previous organizazition which I want to update in bulk - due to the method @[deleted] shared above.
I have even tried to import it a complete new organization - same error :(
I run everytime in the same error
"Could not locate exportDescriptor.properties in the archive!"
I haven't seen any ill effects yet. I had a user who is in that content all the time check it over and they said it is fine. I was careful to do very specific find and replaces because each one found >600 instances that matched my search. Get to know the entities.xml before you do a replace so that you don't accidentally replace page metadata or confluence code.
Also, export your attachments if you plan on deleting the original pages.
I did try other tests in the past where I did the following DO NOT DO THIS
It did indeed put the pages into Confluence, but there were ill effects... Thus the crying. Here is my symptom list from my Atlassian support ticket.
Yea, don't do that.