Avoid formatting of links?

Rasmus Vedel June 10, 2021

Hi. 

How do I avoid automatic formatting of links? 

What I do 

In any confluence or jira text edit box, I type in a link (eg www.savethechildren.net). 

(Strangely enough not here???)

What happens

The link automatically change formatting to the title of the webpage (in this example: Save the Children International)

What I want

In general I'm happy about the change-to-title, but sometimes it doesn't make sense, and just confuses the reader. 

I want the ability to type a url, which DOESN'T change to the title of the webpage. 

What have I tried

Best solution so far, is to type the url as code, which would be 

www.savethechildren.net

but that is (as you see...) not optimal.

I have also tried different formats of other formatting, like 

[](www.savethechildren.net) 
(www.savethechildren.net) 

and a lot of others. 

Our setup

We are running on Confluence 1000.0.0-e79a218a670b (Cloud) 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2021

Hi @Rasmus Vedel 

Hi have a page called "Date Picker". When I copy the link and paste it to another page, it's changing to the title "Date Picker".

But there I can change some settings:

image.png

Select "Display as Link" to show the link. Or change the text which should be displayed in the edit options.

Hope this helped you.

Regards, Dominic

Rasmus Vedel June 25, 2021

YES!!! Thanks. 

For others: The date picker shows up when I type the link, and afterwards click at it.

2021-06-25 13_59_09-Edit - Eksempler på formatering - KOMBIT som bestiller - DBC Confluence – Brave.png

Stefan Beer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2021

The unformatting of every single URL is actually killing my nerves. If you copy a block of text, Confluence starts to format each and every URL. I can hardly continue to work on the page while this is in progress, it's an extreme annoying efficiency killer. I would like to be able to switch off URL formatting completely and permanetntly, either on my account or on space level.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Liam September 5, 2021

There needs to be a way to disable this by default. The majority of our documentation is domain information, this is very annoying for us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events