Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic jira issua linking by table row

Andrea Picaro January 25, 2021

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically create (custom) links between issues that appear in the same table row in confluence?

Is there a straight way or plugin or can be somewhat scriptable? Basically i have a table with user requirements marcked with their own tracker and i'd like to auto create an "is implemented by" link with stories i declare for each requirement in the table.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

You will need to do some coding for that.

Confluence has a function for "create Jira issues from lines of text", and it has Jira macros that can be a bit more clever than a simple url pointing at an issue.

But there's no function for doing automatic links.  I'm not aware of any apps that do it off-the-shelf (Scriptrunner for Confluence might be able to support you writing a script to do it, at least saving you having to write a full-blown Cloud app)

Andrea Picaro January 26, 2021

Hi Nic, thanks for your answer.

Actually the idea is to create issues for each row text automatically, i would do it twice, first create "requirement" issues and in second column redo it for "stories". Script runner could be a good option if it allows us to automate linking between the two sets of issues. Could you point me to some sr example or doc page to start from? I'm pretty new to it.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

I think https://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/confluencecloud/quickstart.html gives good examples of what it can do - I have to admit I've only ever used SR for Confluence Cloud for page event scripting (create issue/project on page create) and some housekeeping type things.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events