Add group in another group

leowkj July 13, 2016

Hi,

I'm planing to implement confluence for my workplace.
There four departments involved, namely ICT, CSM, SSC, PHY and they are under one faculty which is FASC.

In confluence, these departments should be in their individual groups - ICT, CSM, SSC, PHY (sub group) and also FASC (main group) groups which allows me to manage them easier. Will it be possible for me add groups into a group? The reason why I would like to have this feature is, all the sub groups of FASC can view all the projects in FASC. However, other faculty is like FAFB will only see the projects which involved FASC and FAFB only.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, JIRA could do so and not possible for Confluence?

One of the ways I could think of having my requirements to be added are as follows - do correct me.
1. Using JIRA in User Directories which which acts like an Active Directory to Confluence.
2. Using a dedicated User Directories which currently the organization is running.

As for 1., currently, we are planning on using Confluence. As of JIRA, it might be future plans. So, JIRA is not involved.

As for 2., the organization is quite large and using active directories require me to ensure the license user is sufficient to support the organization number of user. As for now, only about 100 users will be using which involved the two faculties (FASC and FAFB - and will increase).

Do let me know if my details are not sufficient in clarifying the details.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2016

Confluence supports nested groups: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/managing-nested-groups-229838455.html

Have you checked that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events