Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom column in jira macro in confluence

Ron Jacob February 20, 2019

Is there any way I can add custom column which is can edited by user in confluence

for example I like to add custom status column which include status macro

Custom Macro.PNG

4 answers

5 votes
Muffo December 9, 2019

I think I am looking for the same feature requested by Ron.

The idea is to create a Confluence page with a query to filter a list of Jira tickets. For each of them, in addition to the Key and Summary I'd like to add an extra column with my status. This should be editable directly from the Wiki page.

The goal is to provide a general status overview to upper management without requiring them to open each ticket individually.

0 votes
Sunil Kirangi September 13, 2021

Hi All,

I have similar query in my project but i would like to render multiple JIRA filter issues counts in my defect table.

I can able to get the query results from JIRA but its not customizable like only the number of issues instead it will display as 2 issues (hyper links) rathar than i want to use as only number 2, like below,

By click on each number i can view the issues list from JIRA.

I know this is possible to implement but the problem which type of Macros i need to and is there any pointers available for such kind of customization.

It would be really helpful if you share this information.

JIRA-Wiki.PNG

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2021

Hi @Sunil Kirangi ,

Maybe you use the Jira Issues macro instead of the Jira Chart macro?

The first macro lists all the issues returned by your JQL query in a tabular form.

The second macro aggregates data and presents it as a pivot table/graph (for example, check the Two Dimensional Chart option - it looks similar to your screenshots).

And if you need even more customization in data aggregation and visualization, if you want to create Jira dashboards right in Confluence, we can suggest trying our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence (available for Cloud/Server/Data Center).

The app works with the standard Jira Issues macro and allow you to create all kinds of dashboards in a tabular and visualized form (you may check the examples here).

Hope this may help your case.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Viswanadh Ganesh January 29, 2020

Hi,

How to add "linked issues" column in Jira issue table macro.

We can able to find only "issue link"

Regards,

Sandeep

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Hello Ron,

Thank you for providing detail into what you’re requesting. Presently, the Jira issues macro within Confluence can only do the following:

• Display a list of issues on your page, based on a JIRA Query Language (JQL) search, filter or URL.
  • Display a single issue.
  • Display a count of issues.
  • Create new issues and display the issues on your page without leaving Confluence.

Source documentation: Jira Issues Macro

What this means for you is you will not be able to add a custom field that is editable within Confluence itself. You would have to edit said field from within Jira.

I hope this helps clarify the capabilities of the Jira issues macro within Confluence.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Tim Fong August 26, 2019

Hi, are there suggested workarounds for this issue?

I would like to be able to list items from a Jira Issue Macro.

However, for tracking purposes, I would like to add a column for each week to mark whether a given item is done or still pending.

This gives us visibility into progress week by week.

Like Eric Lee likes this
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Hi Tim,

Could you describe your case in more details? I assume it is possible to do.

Eric Lee March 13, 2020

-- /quote What this means for you is you will not be able to add a custom field that is editable within Confluence itself. 

When I edited the Jira macro, I could choose the custom fields in the display option. But the Confluence page couldn't display the Jira list, as long as I published the page. That didn‘t make sense. : ( --

I got the cause, Chinese character...

Sarah Killeen July 7, 2022

@[deleted] is your answer from 2019 still relevant? I'm after the same capability so hoping i would now be able to add an editable column to my JIRA filter table in confluence

Like Simon Khozam likes this
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2022

Hi @Sarah Killeen ,

It seems that the initial info is still relevant.

The Table Filter and Charts for Confluence (that is our app) was mentioned in this thread but regarding the Jira Issues macro aggregation.

What concerns your case that is adding manually created columns to your Jira Issues macro, it is also possible to do with the help of the add-on.

Please check the second part of this Community thread - it's exactly your question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Can-I-dynamically-populate-the-fields-of-a-table-based-on-values/qaq-p/1505810

Ari Fellman December 15, 2022

Stephen, similarly to this request - Is there a way to add a column that contains the latest comment on a Jira, to the table created by the Jira Macro in confluence?  if so, is this a built-in feature with needs to be enabled, or it would it require an add-on, and if so, which?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events