It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Add custom column in jira macro in confluence

Is there any way I can add custom column which is can edited by user in confluence

for example I like to add custom status column which include status macro

Custom Macro.PNG

3 answers

I think I am looking for the same feature requested by Ron.

The idea is to create a Confluence page with a query to filter a list of Jira tickets. For each of them, in addition to the Key and Summary I'd like to add an extra column with my status. This should be editable directly from the Wiki page.

The goal is to provide a general status overview to upper management without requiring them to open each ticket individually.

0 votes

Hello Ron,

Thank you for providing detail into what you’re requesting. Presently, the Jira issues macro within Confluence can only do the following:

• Display a list of issues on your page, based on a JIRA Query Language (JQL) search, filter or URL.
  • Display a single issue.
  • Display a count of issues.
  • Create new issues and display the issues on your page without leaving Confluence.

Source documentation: Jira Issues Macro

What this means for you is you will not be able to add a custom field that is editable within Confluence itself. You would have to edit said field from within Jira.

I hope this helps clarify the capabilities of the Jira issues macro within Confluence.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Hi, are there suggested workarounds for this issue?

I would like to be able to list items from a Jira Issue Macro.

However, for tracking purposes, I would like to add a column for each week to mark whether a given item is done or still pending.

This gives us visibility into progress week by week.

Like Eric Lee likes this

Hi Tim,

Could you describe your case in more details? I assume it is possible to do.

-- /quote What this means for you is you will not be able to add a custom field that is editable within Confluence itself. 

When I edited the Jira macro, I could choose the custom fields in the display option. But the Confluence page couldn't display the Jira list, as long as I published the page. That didn‘t make sense. : ( --

I got the cause, Chinese character...

Hi,

How to add "linked issues" column in Jira issue table macro.

We can able to find only "issue link"

Regards,

Sandeep

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

How To: get the most out of the new Confluence navigation and Home

Hi Community, Elaine again from Confluence Cloud Product Management. Most of you have used the new Confluence navigation and Home for some time by now. Not sure what changed or just want to lear...

314 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you