Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access token failed?

Abby Miller November 14, 2018

I'm getting these errors from Confluence when trying to add a Jira macro to a Confluence page. Confluence asks me to "Login & Approve" to retrieve data from OnPoint Digital JIRA. When I click the "Login & Approve link" I get this error: 

Authentication failed!

An error occurred while trying to obtain an access token. For application link 

OAuth Problem Details

• Failed to get token from service provider. Secret is missing in response.

What does this mean, and how do I fix it? I think it may have something to do with the fact that Jira is on our company server, and Confluence is not... Thank you for your help! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2018

Hi Abby,

It sounds like your Confluence and Jira instances already have an app link set up between them. That's why you're able to at least see Jira in the dropdown.

However, it looks like the applink may be unhealthy. Jira needs to pass an authorization back over to Confluence to tell Confluence that you're Abby in Jira too (so that it knows which issues you can see, open issues using your username, etc.) and that seems to be what' stuck.

The support tools in both Jira and Confluence should help troubleshoot problems with the AppLinks. We've also got a pretty substantial troubleshooting guide to work through. Have your Jira or Confluence administrator take a look at the Applinks in application administration to get the application's diagnosis of what the issue is - Jira and/or Confluence should both give a pretty good idea to the administrator of what needs to be fixed. And link them to the troubleshooting guide for more steps to work though.

We're also happy to help if there's a more specific error in the application logs!

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Martin Hilbig [team neusta] September 15, 2022

"We've also got a pretty substantial troubleshooting guide to work through. "

Is it me or does the "troubleshooting guide" link lead back here? While this is quite an old thread, it is still top search result for the issue.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2022

Quite right - not sure how the link wound up broken! I've fixed it in-line, this is the correct URL: https://confluence.atlassian.com/applinks/troubleshoot-application-links-755338283.html

Martin Hilbig [team neusta] September 28, 2022

Much appreciated Daniel <3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events