New editing experience on Confluence mobile

Avinoam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

Hello Community,

Avinoam here from Confluence Product Management. I’m here to tell you about an exciting new improvement for our iOS and Android Confluence mobile apps. As you may have heard, we’ve been updating our editing experience in Confluence Cloud and are thrilled to bring this new experience to mobile as well. You can easily tell if you’re using the new editor by looking at the options listed above the keyboard. If you have more than 4 options, you’re using the new editor.

Group 2 (3).png

Bring your pages to life

With the new editing experience, you can add more enhancements to your pages like photos, videos, files, code snippets, panels and more using the + icon on your mobile app.

You can also make your content more legible and engaging with headings, bullets, colors, styling and more.

Group 2 (1) (2).png

Move work forward on the go

Need to run out for a quick yoga class at lunch? No problem. If you get notified about an important update on Confluence, you can now reply back from your mobile device. You can also keep your projects moving forward on mobile by adding actions and decisions to pages.

What we’re still working on for the future

• Macros support

• Tables manipulation

• Offline mode

• Drafts syncing

• Brand new mobile viewing experience

Try it out - we’d love to hear your thoughts!

Or just search the App or Play Stores for “Confluence Cloud”.

Have feedback?

Try the new experience out on mobile and share your feedback either in the comments below or directly via the app in Settings > Give Feedback.

Loving the new experience? Give us some love on the app store ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

8 comments

Comment

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

This is pretty neat.  Keep the good stuff flowing!

Like Tiffany likes this
Valentijn July 31, 2019

New editing experience. GREAT!!  :)

keep up the good work.....

JiraJared
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2019

Will this be available soon on the server app too!? 

Like # people like this
Andrej Ricnik July 31, 2019

Excellent question! :)

I'd like to know the same thing.

Bruce Reed July 31, 2019

Yes, I am interested in this feature for server too, but cloud usually comes first.

Darrin Lin (inactive) July 31, 2019

Really need table manipulation... it's all sorts of wacky right now. Not just editing, but viewing too. It's essentially unusable to me even on something like an iPad Pro 12.9" 😬

Tiffany
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2019

Hey Darrin! My name is Tiffany and I work on the editor experience on mobile. I would love to hear more about how you're using this, the frustrations, and maybe some potential solutions going forward. We want to make this as seamless for our users so your time and feedback means a lot to us. If you have some time for a quick call, please let me know! 

Darrin Lin (inactive) July 31, 2019

Hey Tiff, I'd be happy to share some of my feedback. What's the best way to move forward?

Tiffany
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2019

Feel free to grab some time on my calendar here: https://calendly.com/tchang2/30min

If you feel like you may need more time or a convenient time doesn't show up, let me know.

Jeremy Tobin July 31, 2019

Please hurry on the macro support. Until the app supports the basic macros it is next to useless for knowledge sharing.  If we don't use any macros the content becomes pretty hard to use for anyone but my field team can't see half our content through the app.

Tiffany
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2019

Hey Jeremy! Totally understand the frustration with the current state of macros. We have prioritized rendering macros in our current work stream and will let you know when they have been released! You should see another Community post when it gets released.

Jeremy Tobin July 31, 2019

Thanks Tiff.

Like Tiffany likes this
Valentijn July 31, 2019

New editing expierence!!! that's GREAT!!!

Tiffany
Atlassian Team
October 1, 2019

Hello! If you are interested in what's to come for Confluence Cloud mobile's page experience, check out this article.

Like # people like this
Ales Kerry March 30, 2021

Kindly rush on the large scale support. Until the application upholds the fundamental macros it is close to futile for information sharing. On the off chance that we don't utilize any macros the substance turns out to be really difficult to use for anybody however my field group can't see a large portion of our substance through the application.

Jan Szczepanski
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2023

@Avinoam are there any more features planned after the initial release of Confluence mobile? Still it's not possible to edit existing pages, displaying (nearly any) macro, use templates in mobile app nor inline commenting! 

Would love hear your thoughts and Atlassian plans.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events