JIRA Service Desk and/or Confluence Knowledge Base Examples

MadelineBarr May 1, 2018

Hi Everyone,

We are going to be creating a Confluence KB and integrate it with our JIRA SD. We have both products on-prem. I am looking for examples of these products in action. 

I'm interested in how you have your SD is setup from a client perspective and also how your KB articles are formatted and delivered. Do you make these services available to the general public?

Our JIRA Service Desk is only available to those who login but we are looking at making our Confluence KB public.

Is your current setup working for you? Is there something you wish you could change? Are there other things you tired that didn't work so well? Did anything surprise you?

Can you share the URL to your JIRA Service Desk and/or Confluence Knowledge base so we can have a collection of examples?

Thanks

1 comment

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2018

Hi Madeline,

One thing that surprised me in the user experience is that SD users will pull up Confluence KB articles without the context of the normal Confluence navigation. For example, if there are suggested articles for self-help, they will be able to see those, but not navigate to other pages unless you add links into that page itself. I recently came across this q & a, and really liked the response- maybe you can join that thread to pick up more information.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-best-to-format-Confluence-Knowledge-Base-KB-Content-with/qaq-p/461934

Hope this helps!

Carolyn

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events