How best to format Confluence Knowledge Base (KB) Content with JIRA Service Desk?

Tahirih April 12, 2017

Currently running into JIRA Service desk and Confluence KB Content merging into one beautiful way to support customers (crossing fingers).

Noticing that our formatting using tables isn't integrating well.

Confluence Tables can show on JIRA Service Desk as...

• necessary side scrolling :( 

Curious about tips/ideas/templates related to styles of How-To Guides that look more clean to customers and at the same time aren't too much trouble to edit. (some Macros in Confluence can be a little clunky)

1 answer

4 votes
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2017

Formatting a Confluence Knowledge Base is completely up to the users and creators preference. The only think I can really do is give you an idea of how I formatted my Confluence Knowledge Base to work with JSD.

Although, it would be easier to do this over some sort of chat, I will do my best to explain... Confluence is based on Hierarchy, as you know:

• All of my main pages contain the macro {children display} so if users somehow navigate to that page, they can see all of the chilren pages of the main page. 
  • Under the main page I create children pages that are directly related to the main pages topic (i.e. Main page named Connections - Children Pages could be Common Connection Issues, VPN Connection, Connecting to WiFi and so on)
  • I utilize the {word and {excel documents for procedural documentation. There is a setting you can turn on so you can edit Microsft Documents within Confluence. 
  • I set my Knowledge Base to "Anonymus Access" meaning a lot of users can view it but only certain people can edit.
  • I use Labels to group together relatable content and on the bottom of each page I use the macro {Conent by Label to display relatable information

Is this the type of stuff you are looking for? I really enjoy formatting Confluence to be friendly with JSD but everyone has a different approach.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events