It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does the Editor in Confluence have room for improvement? Edited

dave symonds I'm New Here Feb 12, 2019

Table functionality in the editor, cut and paste, sections - discuss

2 comments

Monique van den Berg Community Manager Feb 12, 2019

@dave symonds I edited your subject line in keeping with our terms of service, although you're welcome to discuss the editor here -- if you want to reword the subject line yourself, while staying within the community guidelines, feel free. 

Keep in mind that the purpose of the Atlassian Community isn't to disparage our products but for productive conversation. Users here can help you find workarounds to issues you've found, and we can discuss the top improvements or changes you'd like to see made to the editor. 

Like Bill Rudy likes this
Niklas Becker Community Leader Feb 13, 2019

Hi Dave, welcome to the community! are you on Cloud or Server? On Cloud there are a lot of new improvements: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html 

On Server I must agree, Table functionality, especially in regards on copying and pasting could use an overhaul. I sometimes use the Source Editor in Confluence Server to clean up tables or copy them on source code level.

Like # people like this

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

918 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you