Your Confluence Daily Digest email has a fresh new look and feel!

33 comments

m
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2023

@Nancy Shao I echo some of Tina Hutchinson's  comments. To stay informed I now have to go and watch every space! What happens when new spaces are created? This may be a good feature for some but it really does not meet my needs which would be fine except that you removed my ability to keep getting the information I need.

Also the format maybe more 'visually appealing' but it takes up tooo much space.

Like Susanne Ertle likes this
olschewskiR
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 20, 2023

„Confluence changes in the last 24 hours“ worked perfect for me, „Confluence Daily Digest“ is a useless piece of crap. Why did you turn off a perfectly working and very usefull feature? I don't get it…

Like # people like this
Simon Boughton October 20, 2023

Totally agree with olsc. You have turned off the most useful product and replaced it with total crap.

Like m likes this
Rebecca Welsh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 22, 2023

I want to be able to see all new blogs created in confluence - not just ones I have commented on and engaged with. How can I see that now?

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 23, 2023

@Rebecca Welsh You can create a custom notification like that with Better Content Archiving. The CQL for that could be something like

type = blogpost and created > now("-24h")

You can narrow it further for spaces, authors, or more, depending on your needs.

You can set your own schedule for the email, and add other recipients. The email contains the blogs you wanted to receive as a list, but you can also edit the email body and add some extra content as well.

Read more on

1. How to create custom Confluence notifications

2. How to recreate your old daily update emails (a better Daily Digest email)

(Please note that Better Content Archiving is a free/paid app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Like # people like this
olschewskiR
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 8, 2024

Looks like your AI is bloating my mailbox with nonsense information (so called „topposts“ and „recommendations“). This is just useless and annoying to me – so, how can I stop this?

Susanne Ertle February 28, 2024

Not only is the new fresh look and feel not nicer, it also makes the email/page longer, the new format takes quite a bit more space.

And what's even more bothersome, it removes functionality that existed in the “Changes in the last 24hrs”:

• First as already mentioned, I am not made aware of when someone adds a new space because, obviously, I am not watching it.
  • Secondly the Deleted pages/blogs is not part of the digest. I keep getting complaints from my users that are inundated with emails for all the deleted pages. And yes,  mass-deletion does happen, for example, when something went wrong with a new Scroll document or a new version of it. That can be hundreds of pages deleted at the same time and an email is sent for each and every one of them to all watchers of the space, which most of them are since they are interested in what is happening in that space! The same goes for when someone is archiving pages. Please, at least, add the option to include Deleted and Archived pages in the digest as well.
Remo Sandmeier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 14, 2024

@Nancy Shao I use the Daily Digest feature in Confluence, and it works well for us. However, I recently noticed that the “View changes” link is missing in the “TopPost” (Bester Beitrag) section of the overview. This link is essential for my team to quickly track changes made to a post.

My questions are:

1. Can I add the “View changes” link myself?
  2. Is there a way to disable the “TopPost” section?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events