Making Automation for Confluence More Discoverable and Contextual

👋 Avinoam from the Confluence automation team here again and today I'm happy to announce how we're starting to make Automation for Confluence more discoverable and contextual!

Automation as a main item in the sidebar

Gone are the days of Automation being hidden away in Space Settings! Space Admins can now see Automation directly in the sidebar for better find-ability and quicker navigation.

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.08.33 AM.png

Clicking on Automation in the sidebar will land you right in the templates tab where you can choose which template you want to use to create your next rule. If you want to manage any existing rules, you can quickly navigate to the Rules tab within Automation.

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.59.38 AM.png

Space admins will also have control over displaying this, just like any other item in the sidebar.

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 12.01.04 PM.png

Contextual Recommendations

As space admins, when you take the time to clean up your space by either archiving, publishing meeting notes, or adding labels to pages - we'll occasionally jump in an recommend if a task can be automated. For example:

When archiving a page

image-20230919-221551 (1).png

When publishing a meeting notes page

image-20230919-221811 (1).png

When adding a label to a page

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 1.47.19 PM.png

We hope these additions will help you as space and global admins increase speed of navigation to automation as well as the internal awareness of automation so that more of your organization can leverage it to become more productive!

When will these be available?

We’re currently rolling these changes out gradually to all Confluence Premium and Enterprise customers so some of you should already have access and those who don’t should have access in the next few weeks!

ℹ️ Friendly reminder: Automation is only available in Confluence Cloud Premium and Enterprise. If you’d like to try it out, you can start a free trial in your admin portal under manage plans.

We want to hear from you!

We’d love your feedback so please feel free to schedule time with us directly here or drop a comment on this post :pray:

3 comments

Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2023

Great to see automation being made more visible to users within Confluence. I often hear from users that its a "oh I have never seen it so assumed it couldn't be done". I hope the contextual comments help present to users just how much more could be done with some automation.

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2023

Big thumbs up for moving automation to the main sidebar 👍
Testing A4C has been in my backlog for a while now. Hopefully, these recommendations will actually make me try it out and build some rules 😅

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2023

Having Automations in the side bar was so perfect for our recent Confluence Automation best practices video: https://youtu.be/bWoQCCQupjw?t=339
And landing in the templates is 👌🏻

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events