Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing long Confluence pages just got easier

58 comments

Vijayasree S July 14, 2022

This will be very very helpful. Thanks

Adam Dale July 14, 2022

Would prefer it if you'd also made it so the toolbar scrolled with the page so the pencil was always visible - rather than having to scroll back up to the top to click it... but it's better than it was.

Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2022

Innerhalb von Tabellen funktioniert das bei uns nicht - machen wir etwas falsch?

Salma Sahnoun_Creativas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 14, 2022

This is great! I love it.

Michał Malinowski July 14, 2022

I can see that cloud Confluence i slowly catching up with on-premise one.

Great success, indeed ;)

isaiah berg July 14, 2022

@Adam Dale - I discovered the "E" keyboard shortcut a little while after I got started with Confluence and it changed my life for that reason! No more scrolling to find the edit button...

Like Adam Dale likes this
Nirmani Kalakheti
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Thanks @Sekajipo Taplah for this update! This is great in Cloud! But, when can we see this in Data Center? Any ET?

Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2022

@ the people who don't see it yet, it's currently still rolling out!

Jasmine Seren-Rosso July 15, 2022

Great feature, thank you!

Quick question also regarding scrolling through long documents, does you team plan to develop a floating table of content in editing mode? It will ease the navigation while editing.

Yannick Biet July 15, 2022

Thanks for the new feature. Not sure it works as attended on my instance yet.

On really long articles with "expand" macro, seems the quick edit jump is performed before all contentes/images are loaded on page. 

As the page continue to load, new medias pop-in and so I am in the middle of the article but not on the same location where I left the reading mode.

Michael Stanek July 17, 2022

Thanks for developing this feature. I had hardly missed it.

For multiple multi-column-layouts it works partial. It scrolls down to the next layout section but scrolls not to the right point within this section.

Katrin Marusch July 18, 2022

I'd been waiting for that! Thanks a lot!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Genovéva Horváth July 19, 2022

Pressing "e" seems to work for me too, but it does not jump automatically to the part I was reviewing before...what am I doing wrong?

Greg Williams August 1, 2022

I was able to go to Edit with just pressing "E", when I tried the "CTRL+E" it was trying to take me to Google search in Chrome.

Audray G August 24, 2022

Does not seem to work. I highlighted and press "E" but it still bring me to the top of the page. How do I check if the feature is rolled to my company's Cloud Confluence?

Like # people like this
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

Same here,

pressing 'E' or just using de edit option I still end up at the top of the page.

Is this change rolled out to all Confluence Cloud instances?

Yannick Bergeron September 9, 2022

Is this feature also available in Server/Data Center and if so, starting at which version?

Jose Antony September 16, 2022

Great to see these type of improvements in Confluence. This really helps us!

Soteris Eliades September 18, 2022

I work with documents with a lot of expands and tables, does not seem to work. I tried it in documents with no tables and does not seem to work on those either.

Efleda Brophy September 19, 2022

F I N A L L Y !!!!

Michaël Oliveri September 21, 2022

Good news. I waited this for a long time. But it seems that I still need to wait.

It's not working on our instance.

The rolling out is not finished?

Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

Hello together,

this function is now working well for us. Many thanks to the developers.

We would like to have this function for tables in addition. Is this planned in the foreseeable future?

Greeting - Gaby

Sue Griscom September 21, 2022

This feature sounds great, but I am not taken to the spot I left when I hit the E for edit mode. I still need to scroll. Any suggestions?

Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

Wir verwenden diese Funktion in
1. im Anzeigemodus
2. Scrollen Sie zur gewünschten Position
3. Drücken Sie E

Soweit ich weiß, kann eine Seite, die sich in der Entwurfsphase befindet, genau wie eine veröffentlichte Seite, nicht an die zuletzt bearbeitete Position gebracht werden, wenn sie durch Drücken von E erneut bearbeitet wird. 

Deine Frage nach Vorschlägen, ist sicherlich eine gute Idee für die weitere Entwicklung.

"Aufrufen einer Seite zum Bearbeiten und genau dorthin gelangen, wo die letzte Bearbeitung war."

Rahav September 24, 2022

Thank you @Sekajipo Taplah this is a VERY much needed feature. The UX behavior of the feature is still annoying and I would like to ask that your team will consider the following.

1. Quick edit jumps to the top of the page and then scrolls back to where you wanted to edit. This is annoying and takes the page author mind of the place of edit.

2. When saving the page, it should stay in the section that was edited. Not jump to the top after saving. We, as authors of content, may want to edit it just some more.

3. The quick edit can be further modernize by allowing us to mouse click, exactly on the part of sentence we want to start editing in. This is much more intuitive and again, keep the author focus on what she or he wants to do.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events