Editing long Confluence pages just got easier

58 comments

cruel October 6, 2022

Big help...especially when you have a lot of expand macros on a page. 

Like Sekajipo Taplah likes this
Patrizia Sieli October 24, 2022

Hi @Sekajipo Taplah this is a much needed feature, but it still doesn't work for me. If I use E I'm brought back at the top of the page :(

Is there any workaround? many thanks in advance and have a lovely week. 

Efleda Brophy October 24, 2022

I've tried this several times and it doesn't work for me either. At first, I thought it may be because my document was created under an older Confluence version, so I updated it to the current one. The feature still does not work. I tried using a newly created one; it still did not work.  

Efleda Brophy October 24, 2022

I just opened another document, and this time the feature works!!! This is the most recent doc I created. The other docs I mentioned in my previous feedback were created and/or edited sometime ago. So, sometimes it works . . . 

erik-foxcroft November 9, 2022

This is a welcome change.  However, I can edit at the point I was viewing by pressing 'E', but not via the pencil icon, as this scrolls off the top of the page as soon as I scroll down.  I've always thought it was odd that those icons did not remain at the top of the page when you scroll. 

Will this behaviour be changing?

Like Efleda Brophy likes this
Samuel Westen March 27, 2023

Currently using this feature on a massive confluence page I'm working on, but it's not exactly moving me back to where I was in view mode. It's returning me to within 2 or 3 page scrolls of where I was, maybe this feature bugs out when the page becomes huge?

Like erik-foxcroft likes this
erik-foxcroft March 28, 2023

No, Samuel Westen, it is not just huge pages that have problems.  I get this with fairly short ones too.  I also find that I have to scroll up quite a long way to get the edit icon to reappear, which adds to the issue.  I know there is a keyboard shortcut, but I often forget what it is, and the only way to check is to hover over the edit icon, which means I can just click on it anyway.  As per my last comment: why not keep the edit icon visible?

Rahav June 11, 2023

Pressing e and staying approximately in place worked for me using Chrome during 2022, possibly even late 2021. I believe that @[deleted] recently broke it with one of the 2023 releases.

It was annoying that Atlassian Engineering couldn't get it to be precisely the location I was reading. It compromised what I was thinking about writing. And it was VERY disappointing that after saving it did not stay in place.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events