Is it possible to create global template with child pages?

Mekala Ramasamy February 22, 2023

usually, I am aware that confluence allows to create new global templates or edit the available templates but the template here is a single page. But I need to create a global template with multiple pages now in the server version 7.13.  can anyone help me pls?

2 answers

0 votes
Rich Asay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 17, 2024

If you decide to change a template, can you apply the edits to all existing pages currently using that template?

0 votes
Jens Schumacher - Released_so
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 22, 2023

Hi @Mekala Ramasamy 

Welcome to the Atlassian community. 

Confluence templates can only be used to produce a single page; subsequent child pages must be added manually.

However, you do have a few options to work around that limitation: 

1. Confluence supports copying a hierarchy of pages. You could create a template space. Create your pages. Then copy the entire hierarchy when you need them. But it's not very discoverable and users would have to be trained to use it. You can find more information about it in this post. 

2. Another alternative is to use one of the apps on the marketplace that extend the template functionality. You can find a list of these apps her: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=Blueprint

Cheers,
Jens

Released.so

Mekala Ramasamy March 8, 2023

Thank youJens. It is really helpful. Let me try it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events