Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open public link

夜不收 May 20, 2022

I use it for free, but the public link in my settings cannot be opened, it is a gray tick, is there any way to make it effective? I really need this feature. thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hi @夜不收  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

If you are using Free Confluence version, then you won't be able to manage Space permission. 

Upgrade to Confluence Standard then only you will be able to manage Space permissions.

Thanks

Vikrant Yadav

夜不收 May 24, 2022

I'm a Standard type now, why is there still no public link? Can you tell me where to open it?

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Hi @夜不收  I think Public Link is not enabled. 

To allow public links on Confluence:

1. Select at the top-right of the navigation.

2. Select Settings.

3. Click Public links on the left.
    This will display the Public links screen.

4. Toggle on Allow public links on Confluence.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/share-content-externally-with-public-links/

Thanks

V.Y

夜不收 May 24, 2022

I followed the documentation, but it's not clickable1653397171(1).png

夜不收 May 24, 2022

Oh, this is the wrong place, but I didn't find the public link option that the documentation says on my side.

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

Hi @夜不收  

As per document, 

Public Links has been temporarily restricted to users that are already using the feature. This is to help ensure a better overall experience for future users that intuitively integrates Public Links into this new sharing experience.

The improved Public Links experience will be released separately, following shortly after the release of the new sharing experience. On re-release Public Links will be available to Confluence Standard and Premium customers.

Like Lawrence Chou likes this
夜不收 May 24, 2022

Oh, it turns out to be like this, so is there any way we can use this function now? Because of the business relationship, we need this function very much. If we don't have this function, we may only consider other tools.

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events