Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Companion App not working anymore - Edit Button gone?

Since today, the Edit Button for files in Confluence is gone. What happened and why? Our users miss it!

1 answer

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 01, 2022

Hi @p0cket0m ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Yes, the companion app was actually scheduled to be removed from confluence. You will have to use the Desktop version instead. It is documented in the below article. 

I hope the above information helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Your link points to the old companion app documentation which is not working anymore.

Which Desktop version do you mean? Where can I find it?

Hi @p0cket0m ,

There is a community post that describes the removal of this feature in Confluence Cloud - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Removing-the-Companion-app-from-Confluence-Cloud/ba-p/1884657 

There is no way that to use this feature any more in Confluence Cloud and there is no separate desktop version.

Regards,
Alex K

Like Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 03, 2022

Thanks @Alex K for correcting

are there any reasons for this action? Why is such a drastic change not announced? That is almost a reason to part with this app. We work a lot on this basis. I think it's incredible!

How do you plan to handle Office files in the future?

Regards

Stefan

Like # people like this

We can't understand this. It always worked fine. Why not stopping development and support but still keep it accessable for your customers?

We paid for that too!

Like Stefan Gödel likes this

We actually moved all documentation out of Sharepoint which does not need retention strategies or approval workflows and did a lot of documentation and training on this and are, or were, running like this. How can you suddenly remove such a core piece of functionality. This is shocking and I was the one who persuaded our COO to go with Confluence, what a mistake

Like Stefan Gödel likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events