Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Companion App not working anymore - Edit Button gone?

p0cket0m April 1, 2022

Since today, the Edit Button for files in Confluence is gone. What happened and why? Our users miss it!

1 answer

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hi @p0cket0m ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Yes, the companion app was actually scheduled to be removed from confluence. You will have to use the Desktop version instead. It is documented in the below article. 

I hope the above information helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

p0cket0m April 1, 2022

Your link points to the old companion app documentation which is not working anymore.

Which Desktop version do you mean? Where can I find it?

Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hi @p0cket0m ,

There is a community post that describes the removal of this feature in Confluence Cloud - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Removing-the-Companion-app-from-Confluence-Cloud/ba-p/1884657 

There is no way that to use this feature any more in Confluence Cloud and there is no separate desktop version.

Regards,
Alex K

Like Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2022

Thanks @Alex K for correcting

Stefan Gödel April 3, 2022

are there any reasons for this action? Why is such a drastic change not announced? That is almost a reason to part with this app. We work a lot on this basis. I think it's incredible!

How do you plan to handle Office files in the future?

Regards

Stefan

Like # people like this
p0cket0m April 4, 2022

We can't understand this. It always worked fine. Why not stopping development and support but still keep it accessable for your customers?

We paid for that too!

Like Stefan Gödel likes this
Logan Ogston April 14, 2022

We actually moved all documentation out of Sharepoint which does not need retention strategies or approval workflows and did a lot of documentation and training on this and are, or were, running like this. How can you suddenly remove such a core piece of functionality. This is shocking and I was the one who persuaded our COO to go with Confluence, what a mistake

Like Stefan Gödel likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events