Which features do you miss after migration to cloud?

Isabell_Hi September 14, 2022

Hi Community! After migrating our Confluence from Server to Cloud version, there were a few macros / features which supported our way of work a lot and have not been implemented in the Cloud version yet. One of them was the 'page status' macro, which displayed the current workflow status (from the Comala Workflows Plugin, now called Document Management) whereever you wanted. This was especially helpful, because you could make the page status a page property. In a  page properties report you could then sort lots of pages by their status and e.g. see all pages to be reviewed at once. We missed the functionality so much, that we build an own app for it (called Status Badge, available in App store).

Which are the (maybe underrated) functions you miss in the Cloud version?

3 comments

Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2022

Hi @Isabell_Hi,

We've switched to Confluence Cloud some time ago and still have some content on Confluence Server for data protection reasons, and I have to say, I am not missing much from Confluence cloud. Every time I have to use Confluence Server, I am really happy when I can go back to our Confluence Cloud system. :)

WRT to page statuses: Have you looked into the page status feature of Confluence Cloud? → https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Page-status-a-new-way-to-keep-your-team-informed/ba-p/1982476 If yes, what are you missing there?

Cheers,
-Stefan

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Isabell_Hi September 15, 2022

@Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_ , 

I absolutely agree with you, that the Cloud version feels much better in general! The App Document Management enables you to define custom workflows including Reviews, triggert for status changes etc. We use it almost everywhere. In order to quickly get an overview we combine it with the page properties reports. You can see an example here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1227776/comala-status-badge?tab=overview&hosting=cloud . The macro itself is tiny but it has a great impact on our way of handling our content.

Cheers, 

Isabell

Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2022

Hi @Isabell_Hi, your app looks, nice. Not sure why Comala doesn't support that out of the box. Friendly warning: Be careful with using Comala in the name of your app. Comala is a brand name owned by a company.

If you'd use page status feature, you could have a look at this answer about how to report on them: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/The-ability-to-see-status-of-one-or-group-Confluence-page-at/qaq-p/2079631

Cheers,
-Stefan

Elena Cantero September 15, 2022

Hello @Isabell_Hi and @Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_ ,

I'm part of the Appfire team (Comalatech joined Appfire back in April), working as a Product Manager for the Document Management family of apps for Cloud.

We're about to release a macro that will enable users to embed the current workflow state of your document into the body of the page/blog, as well as the date/time when It was changed to that current state and also the expiration date (if applicable).

This new macro will be named "Document State".

On the other hand, @Isabell_Hi , we'd suggest that you rename you add-on like @Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_ also mentioned on his previous message, since "Comala" still belongs to our company brand.

Looking forward to hearing back from you if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Appfire-Comalatech Team

Like Arunkumar Mohan likes this
Isabell_Hi September 15, 2022

Hi @Elena Cantero , 

I will have a call with your colleague Mark today about the renaming topic, so this one is already in progress, but thanks anyway to both of you for the advice ;) The new macro sounds great, I'm looking forward to try it out!

Have a great day, 

Isabell

Elena Cantero October 18, 2022

Hi @Isabell_Hi , 

I'm happy to announce that we have already released the 'Document State' macro.

You can find more detailed information in our public wiki: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDMC/Document+state+macro

Hope it fits your expectations.

Regards,

Elena.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

User macros and section/layouts.

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2022

Easy.  Issues -> Current Search.  If there's a way in Cloud to go back to your last ad hoc JQL query, I've never found it.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events