Comments on "Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap"

Bob Sovers October 17, 2019

This is an OPEN discussion of the contents of the page https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap-967314556.html

I've started this because that page is a closed documentation-only page that only Atlassian can change.  This page will give US (the Confluence Cloud Community of PAYING CUSTOMERS) the chance to comment and discuss the new "Fabric Editor" and the roadmap page specifically.

There are many other places in the community section that have ongoing discusasions also:

2 comments

I started this discussion because, while the documentation pages have a feedback link at the bottom of the page, it just goes to Atlassian and we (the paying customers) have no TRANSPARENCY to the processing of any feedback.  I would like Atlassian to link the existing page to THIS PAGE so that we can openly discuss the roadmap and not just have to post our ideas into the existing feedback black-hole.

Dara October 18, 2019

Thank you for doing this Bob! Definitely good for the community to be able to discuss this openly and easily.

Sunny Xu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

Hi Bob and Dara,

I agree that the community is the best place for discussions around the roadmap! If there are specific suggestions or feedback on features, please send a ticket to our support team and we will add you to the right suggestion so that you can monitor changes to the suggestion. Because the feedback on the community is not actively monitored, the community is better used as a discussion room for how you would like to see certain features built. Thank you for this feedback!

Best,

Sunny

I'll even start this out.  The roadmap shows:

Decision feature excerpt.jpg

However, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-62245 

Shows the MAJOR limitation of this "New Improvement"... While you can record Decisions, there is NO WAY to actually tabulate/track/manage these discision like you can do with Tasks.

Dara October 18, 2019

I have wondered for a while what functionality 'Decisions' really added beside just adding in that pictograph of arrows. It seems obvious that for it to be a useful addition, you should be able to display and manage the registered decisions..

Thank you for highlighting this. I've participated in their survey. Let's hope Atlassian does something with this. Though I would say it is lower on the priority list than many other issues... Interesting to see that nonetheless, this ticket is further along to being solved than many other more serious ones.

Sunny Xu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the suggestion here Decisions! I've gone ahead and linked this Confluence ticket to the Track the Backlog section.

Best,

Sunny

Like Dara likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events