Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Getting Started Guide We Were Waiting For - Welcome to the Team

When we are learning a new product or service, we usually spent ages in getting-started guides, wikis, documentation, and various set of resources. Starting with a good knowledge base is essential for our learning curve, productivity, and efficiency in the learning process.

But what about onboarding a new team member… to the team? As always, I am using another perspective to showcase the importance of user guides - the Team Survival Guide.

Using imaginary company and fragments of an article about Zoom’s company culture, my goal was to create a sample guide for the new team member, who is most probably still a bit nervous, shy, and full of questions.

Often in a company, there are resources about the products, the methodologies, IT, HR, Org Charts, but none focused directly on the most valuable asset - the people. Using Confluence as my preferred platform (no doubts about that!), I’m sharing with you a people-centric wiki, focused entirely on the human side of our work-life.

team-playbook-01.png

With Confluence having a variety of helpful templates, you can create your getting-started guide in minutes (especially when you have slightly imaginary content).

team-playbook-02.png

team-playbook-03.png

I see a huge potential in engaging your team with fun activities, internal blogging, company celebrations, or even small daily challenges. In the past year, we got used to overwork, burnout, and “necessary collaboration”. And it seems we forgot what it feels like to be part of a happy, playful, and productive team.

team-playbook-04.png

I’m still searching for the perfect use case, but I’m definitely using my template in the future! Nothing better for a Monday morning than having a cup of coffee while reading about your teammate accidentally adopting a cat 😀

3 comments

Comment

Alfred Smith August 4, 2021

This is fantastic! I've been working on a 'community college' section of our company to make orientation flow like starting in a new school. This guide helped organize our first pages. Thank you for this. 

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Amazing @Alfred Smith, I'm so glad this has been useful to you! Cheers :)  

Isaac Trumbo August 4, 2021

Love this, thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events