Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change component type?

David Harper December 14, 2021

Hi,

I put in items as Applications, but they should probably be Services. One is managed by config as code, one isn't.

Is there any way of changing the component type without deleting and starting again?

Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Parrish _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2021

Hi @David Harper ðŸ‘‹  It's Dave from the Compass product team. At the moment there's not a way to change an existing component from one type to another. As you've discovered, it's cumbersome having to delete and re-create a component when you want to change its type. Sadly, that is the best way to do it.

The good news is that we're exploring allowing components to have their type changed. It's a bit tricky since the different component types have slightly different attributes, but we'll get it wrangled I'm sure. Please watch this space for updates!

David Harper December 14, 2021

Thanks for the update :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2022

Hi @David Harper - a belated update to let you know we shipped the ability to change a component's type today. Feel free to check out the community post here and let us know if you have any feedback! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Compass-Alpha-articles/Ch-Ch-Ch-Changing-your-Component-Types/ba-p/2090922#M130

David Harper July 28, 2022

Hey Katie,

I've done most of our stuff configured as code, but generally this looks great :) 

Thanks

Like • Katie Silver likes this
Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
July 28, 2022

Got it! That's our next step. We'll keep you posted. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events