Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the challenges?

Nicole Helgeson April 21, 2021

Thanks for letting me join the Beta group. I'd love to participate, but I cannot find the challenges that we are supposed to complete.  I clearly am missing something , but.....

5 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 21, 2021

Nicole, click on "Kudos", upper right. The challenges are in there.

Thank you, completely overlooked that!

Like Monique vdB likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Jenn Landefeld April 21, 2021

Click on Kudos to get the dashboard

Kudos.png

Like Nicole Helgeson likes this
1 vote
Vicki Wilt April 21, 2021

Thank you for your answers! Trying a challenge right now!

ThankYou.png

0 votes
John Worrall April 21, 2021

I have no idea what is happening here.  Is Atlassian trying to gamify support?  Why?

That is an excellent question. :-)

Like John Worrall likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

@John Worrall - lots of community-based forums offer incentives (in the form of tangible or intangible benefits) to encourage folks to contribute. For me, I started doing this before Kudos existed because I wanted a public record of me demonstrating my (semi-expert) knowledge on the interwebs. 🤣

0 votes
Deleted user April 21, 2021

I have the same question.

David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

I'm sure you saw the other replies, but I wanted to use this reply to work on a challenge myself. Click on Kudos, then you will see the challenges as illustrated, below.Screenshot 2021-04-21 155602.png

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 21, 2021

@David Wuth did you not get any kudos to give away, or did you give them all away already? Just checking :) 

@Monique vdB I don't have any to give away either, not sure why.  

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 21, 2021

@Nicole Helgeson we have a bunch of new users today and they haven't hit everyone's accounts yet. Should be there soon! 

David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

@Monique vdB earlier I had over 400 kudos, but the option to give some away just had the message to earn some to give away (as can be seen in the screen shot I posted). But, as of the time of this reply I now have the ability to give out kudos.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 21, 2021

@David Wuth great! just so you know, giving out kudos will not affect your balance.  you will keep everything you earned :) 

and nice job! 400 kudos on day one!!

David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2021

so, what is the purpose of accumulating kudos @Monique vdB ?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 21, 2021

@David Wuth that is a great question! I think there are lots of potential answers:

1. We want to help users familiarize themselves with how to use the community. I saw in another thread that you were having a hard time finding information - knowing how to use features like homepage sort and setting search alerts may help you with that.  (Or just meeting people here who can point you in the right direction.) 

2. To help users learn. We have learning paths within the kudos program, currently just for Jira, but we plan to expand to other products. So if you're interested in learning the basics of, say, Trello, we will walk you through that process via community. 

3. Relatedly, to move users through the path from becoming learners to becoming mentors and eventually (we hope) Community Leaders.  Those folks are part of the Atlassian family and get tons of perks and rewards, including increased access to our product teams and free certifications. 

4. To allow users to connect and show appreciation to their peers. 

5. To foster a little friendly competition and fun. 

Down the road we want you to be able to connect all your activity, including certifications you may earn, events you may attend or speak at, anything else you can think of, into one global reputation that reflects not just time spent on the community, but true and meaningful expertise with our products. Something you could share on LinkedIn or put on a resume. 

Also on our old platform we had a concept where if you accumulated enough points (at the time, called karma) you would get a T-shirt. We recently wrapped up an initiative where we gave away little stuffed clouds, and will definitely plan to do more giveaways in the future. 

So hopefully one or more of those reasons speaks to you! 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events