Welcome to the beta!

This article is out of date! The new Welcome article is right here.

Hi all, and welcome to our Community Kudos program! 

You are now reading a post in the Community Kudos Feedback group! Please join the group by clicking this button in the sidebar for regular updates about the beta.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 1.21.31 PM.png

If at any point you want to stop watching content, click “Unwatch” in the sidebar as shown below. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.33.50 PM.png                              

This group is here for all your feedback and questions, but I’m going to start by covering some basics.

Q-A 01.png

What is the community kudos program?

In short, it’s a reward system where you can earn points and badges for participating in activities in the Atlassian Community. We’ve pulled out some of the most important need-to-knows below. You can also read the latest updates at this link.

What is a “beta” and what does that mean?

A beta means we are trying out a new rewards and reputation platform to see if our users enjoy it. We first launched a pilot, with a small group, and found that people liked the program, so we are continuing into beta mode. We made adjustments and updates based on pilot feedback. The beta will be running through summer 2021 and beyond.

Am I enrolled in the beta?

Maybe! If you see a count of your kudos next to your avatar at the upper left of your screen, you are enrolled. You can click on this to see all the program content. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 12.28.27 PM.png

If you are not enrolled but want to be, you can join the waiting list by posting here.

How does it work?

Our reputation system is called “Kudos” and is similar to Atlassian Answers karma from back in the day. You can earn points for your community activity, and can give "Kudos" to other users on their profiles. You will be able to see what you’ve earned and what you’ve unlocked, and how many points you can earn.

What about the badges I’ve already earned?

Your badges (on the “Badge” tab of your profile) are separate from the Kudos beta (the “Kudos” tab of your profile - coming soon) and will not be impacted. If the beta is successful down the road, we will combine the two programs so you will not be starting from scratch. Keep in mind we will likely not keep every single point or badge from both programs when we do this.

What about the stuff I've already done?

For the beta, and for any new badge or challenge that is launched, your activity is not retroactive. (In other words, your previous activity on the community won't count.) In moving forward with the full program, we will give you credit for some (but probably not all of) your previous activity.

How will you know if we enjoy it?

We gather data on what users click on and interact with as well as qualitative feedback. Love something? Hate something? Have tweaks or ideas? Please let us know! We’re erring on the side of trying out everything to see what you like, so tell us what you like (or don’t like)! Once you’ve joined the kudos group, you can start a discussion anytime using this link.

I have questions about kudos

The points you receive by completing challenges or given to you by other users are added to your overall account and determines your level (currently from 1 to 11) in the program. You will also get some peer kudos that you can give away to others, rewarding them for going above and beyond on community. Giving these peer kudos to others does not subtract from your total.

I have other questions.

Post them in the comments or create a new post in the group to discuss. I’ll be here along with @Jacob Young (one of the co-leads on this project) to help answer your questions, make tweaks based on your feedback, and announce any major changes or new features. 

We can’t wait to hear what you think! Have fun!

14 comments

Comment

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

Fantastic news, thanks @Monique vdB I've really enjoyed the pilot and it's come a long way since I joined! Great work from the team getting it to this stage 😊

Like # people like this
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

interesting idea... happy to help provide feedback

Like # people like this
Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Nice

gettyimages-458129606.jpeg

Like # people like this
Mariano July 1, 2021

Hello! i''m here to give a hand! Awesome initiative! So happy for all of you guys!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 1, 2021

@Mariano yay, welcome to the party!

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2021

Thanks @Monique vdB  for briefing and I must say another great initiative and loving to be part of it!

Kudos ! 

Like # people like this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

Hello @Monique vdB 

This is a great initiative and would like to be a part for the same. Looking forward to it.

Like Monique vdB likes this
PC August 12, 2021

interesting..  lets see how this unfolds.  kudos!

Like Monique vdB likes this
Allan MacDonald August 13, 2021

so how about those sub-tasks on the backlog?

Like PC likes this
habib rahman
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2021

Amazing cant wait to see this space 

said kouzibry
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021

Sounds awesome, gonna have to look around and see how it'll go, but so far it looks promising.

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2022

Awesome :) 

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

Thanks for making the community more fun!

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2022

superrr and awesome lets do the fun.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events