The new quarterly leaderboard is here!

If you have eagle eyes, you may have already noticed that the leaderboards have changed! We now have two views for you: Quarterly and All time. The Quarterly leaderboard resets on the first of January, April, July, and October. So what you are seeing today are the points earned since July 1.

Congratulations to @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ who is K-I-L-L-I-N-G this leaderboard! Also some familiar names on top like @Kishan Sharma @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- @Hana Kučerová and @Alex Koxaras _Relational_... and I'll let you all discover the rest for yourself. 

We will have ways to reward users to reach the top of the leaderboard each quarter. If you want to guarantee you will be in the first batch of users to earn a reward, make sure you earn at least 5000 points on this quarterly leaderboard by the end of the month.   

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 6.48.07 PM.png

A new leaderboard and new challenges are coming October 1. 🏆 And remember, this is a beta. So your feedback and suggestions are, as always, welcome. 

20 comments

Comment

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

Thank you @Monique vdB this is great, glad to see my name in there and Congratulations to the top 5s 😊

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

Nice addition @Monique vdB! To be honest I was struggling to get close to the top, but with names like Nic, Jack, Brant, Laura and others, it's impossible to do that :D Those guys will lead for a long time in the community.

Congratulations to everybody for being an active member of this community!

Congratulations to you Monique and the rest of the team, for keeping this community engaged with all the gamification additions you bring in!

Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 13, 2021
Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2021

Kudos to @Laura Holton @Kishan Sharma @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ @Hana Kučerová and @Alex Koxaras for making into quarterly board top 5 !!

Thanks for sharing the update and encouraging words @Monique vdB ! One small query, are you going to reward on basis of only this quarterly criteria or do you have anything planned for yearly too? 

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2021

Oh wow this is so exciting 😄 thanks @Monique vdB!!

Here's to everyone actively involved in the Community 🙌 all the help, knowledge sharing, guidance, support, fun and just the general community vibe here is absolutely amazing to see and be involved in 👏 It's just great to be a part of it!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2021

Congrats everyone and thank you for your hard work!!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 14, 2021

@Suvradip Paul I am working on some ideas for both :) 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 14, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ yes! you hit the nail on the head - the all-time leaderboard is great but hard for people to catch up if they joined late or what have you. This way everyone starts fresh from time to time, but all-time effort is still recognized. 

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2021

Congratulations to all the quarterly-leaders!

Very well deserved with awesome contributions. Keep up the good work out there.

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2021

CONGRATULATIONS to all !!! 

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB this is a new welcoming Beta addition. I have few queries from this post:

1. "make sure you earn at least 5000 points on this quarterly leaderboard by the end of the month" >> Their are leader's who already have that score in the "quarterly leaderboard", I'm one among them :) So, is the badge enabled only on Oct-1?

2. "In the Kudo program board it is mentioned the top 25 or who achieves 5000 in the quarter before Oct 1st". Again, are the 500 points for this badge be enabled before Oct 1st? If yes, any tentative dates?

And congratulations to all the top 25 leaders0 as on date and time of this post :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 23, 2021

@G subramanyam absolutely! You already have 5000 points, so you will get the badge for sure. I am going to award the badges on October 1 so they count towards the next quarterly leaderboard. So if you are at the top you get a bit of a head start for next time. 

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB Can you please confirm if Peer_kudos are calculated in the quarterly leaderboard ? If yes, what is its significance.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 1, 2021

@Kishan Sharma yes peer kudos are included in the quarterly leaderboard! Later today I'll publish the top 25 along with their final points and award the Leader of the Pack badge :) 

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB  I personally think that Peer Kudos should not be part of the Global/Quarterly Leaderboard and it should be calculated purely based on the kudos points received by completing challenges.

For example, one can easily get Kudos from colleagues by asking them to send them 1000 Kudos everyday and get to the top of the leaderboard without any extra efforts, which is unfair to others.

I would suggest you to publish a leaderboard without peer kudos for everyone to see the contrast.

@All other members, please like this comment if you agree with my view, as a vote for this suggestion ;)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

@Kishan Sharma , while what you suggest is possible I really do not see this as an issue. There are a number of holes with the kudos program but the team is doing a great job at resolving them. Keep in mind that while we, as Members or even CLs, cannot see the details of where someone’s points come from the Atlassian Community Team can monitor for such behavior and take action if warranted. Knowing most of the folks that are at the top of the list and observing their activities first hand, I’m confident the positions are well deserved. Finally, the Peer Kudos is limited to 100pts at a time and there is a limit of how many awards can be given.

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

@Jack Brickey thank you for your reply. 

I must agree and appreciate the team who has developed this program and no wonder they are doing an excellent job.

Have you seen this thread by any chance ? Going by that example - one can easily send 1000 kudos to another member. ( 100 kudos x 10 times per day).

I think if you visit someone's profile, and go to Kudos tab, you can see the Kudos feed where you can check who has recently gave that person Kudos and to whom that person has given kudos to. I hope that feed is correct and gives you insights about the peer kudos given/received.

If @Monique vdB can instantly share a leaderboard (before and after - without peer kudos) for Q4, it will bring more clarity as to what I am trying to convey here.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 5, 2021

@Kishan Sharma that is definitely a bug; 10 kudos per week is the intended behavior and we are working on fixing it!  

In my experience, users gaming the system in the way you are describing are very obvious and I can easily wipe out the points from this kind of activity. If you see anything that looks suspicious to you, you can always reach out to me directly at communitymanagers@gmail.com and I'll be happy to take a look.

Unfortunately I can't easily share a leaderboard that splits out the two types of points but I will look into it. That would be a good thing to look at just to see if anything looks suspicious. But as Jack says I recognized the names of the top 25 and everyone on that list is very trustworthy to me :) 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Thank you @Monique vdB for responding so quick. Even if you fix the bug, by giving 1000 kudos per week, one can receive 12000 Kudos per quarter without completing any challenges.

I will definitely flag if I come across any such suspicious activity. Also as members we cannot keep monitoring who has received peer kudos and when, so it gets difficult at times, unless you visit profiles of other members to see what's happening. 

I understand that you can't share the leaderboard, which is perfectly fine. I am sure that community managers will look at it and find it out themselves and yes, no doubt that the top 25s are trustworthy. Just want to make sure that there is fair play, nothing else. :)

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB I have sent you an email with my findings. Please do take a look. Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events