Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bite-Sized Learning: Community Kudos Program

Happy timezones, Atlassian Community! No matter what timezone you’re in, it’s always a great time to learn something new, and this month we’re here in the Community Contests & Kudos world to go over…. the Community Kudos Program!

And of course, for kudos members, our Bite-sized Community Kudos Program badge will also be yours! 

Here are the details for how to learn & earn:

1. Watch Community Manager @Angelie Stephens's video lesson below, which walks you through all things Kudos :partying_face:

2. Pass the short, 5-question quiz below!

Not seeing the quiz? Make sure that you are logged into Community and that you have joined our Kudos program.

That’s it! You've kicked off your learning journey and got yourself set up to earn Kudos across the entire Atlassian Community. Wasn't that easy?

If this Bite-Sized Learning puts your brain into learning mode, find more installments of the series here! And if you have feedback on the Community Kudos Program, you can leave it in the Community Contests & Kudos group!

Happy learning! See you soon for the next installment. :sparkles:

*If not already enrolled, you'll need to join the Kudos program to view and take today's pop-quiz. Luckily, we go over how to join in this installment, so follow those steps and you'll be all set. Welcome to Kudos and your first commemorative badge, we're glad you’re here! 

43 comments

Comment

Abhilekh Verma January 26, 2024

Amazing! So easy to learn about kudos. I really appreciate the bookmark kudos its my favourite. 

Like # people like this
PJ Zaiac
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 26, 2024

@Abhilekh Verma way to come in 🥇 first place for fastest to comment! You should see some Just Because kudos heading your way 😎

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2024

Another great bite-sized learning!

My favorite kudos badges have been the ones that helped the environment.

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 1.29.28 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-01-26 at 1.29.36 PM.png

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2024

Great way to end the work week! Thanks @PJ Zaiac

Also, pretty cool to see that under the hood the Atlassian Team members get 99 Kudos to give - I try to make sure to empty the clip on my allotment of 10 each week. 

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2024

This was a fun one

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2024

Great video and learning @PJ Zaiac! I love the kudo's program and have been in the program since it's inception! My favorite badges are No Question Left Behind and Leader of the Pack. I also agree with @Trudy Claspill and love the ones that help the environment. Those are so much fun! 

badges.png

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2024

Thanks for sharing @PJ Zaiac !

I am partial to the Warm Welcome badge. I like to make a difference for new comers.

IMG_3522.png

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2024

This might be my favorite so far! I think I could listen to your accent all day, @Angelie Stephens - did I just make things weird?! Haha!

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2024

That was cool!  Thank you, @PJ Zaiac !   Nice to see that there are a ton of other badges and 99 kudos available for the Community Leaders!  🥰  I'm like @Jack Brickey ~ my favorite badge is the Warm Welcome badge.   We've all been "New" to this at some time or another  so it really applies for everyone and it's great to be able to pay it forward.  Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2024

Awesome: a bite-sized learning, about kudos, to then earn kudos :^)

And thanks for reminding others about bookmarks; that feature can help when answering community questions to find / refer any known solutions to people.  (wish list: ability to label / organize bookmarks)

Like # people like this
Abhilekh Verma January 26, 2024

@PJ Zaiac Thank you so much! Looking forward! Super excited.

By the way is there something I can do for this community, I love writing newsletters for epic hacks on my LinkedIn, I would love to share to my audience about this amazing platform:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilekhverma 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2024

Still dreaming ...

Level 9.png

But just passed the 400,000 Kudos mark, so YAY for Kudos!!!

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2024

A clear +1 on many of the badges mentioned in the thread below. The best moments in Community here are often the ones that prove where we can go above and beyond as at (virtual) global team. Such as the climate initiatives, or any badges related to answering questions and helping out folks in getting stuff done and learning new things.

My very personal kudos favourite as of now would be this one:

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 15.57.02.png

For me it represents a testimonial of a year-long consistent contribution to the wonderful place this Community is. If it wasn't, I would never be able to keep investing the time and energy after hours as I have been doing and still am today. While everything and every place has its flaws and challenges every now and then, this Community and everyone making it possible is a wonderful place.

On this occasion, once more a warm shout out and big kudos to everyone at the Communiteam for all you do for it/us 💙💙💙

Like # people like this
Colin Nixon January 28, 2024

Thanks for the post, nice to hear a bit more about kudos. I am still new to this communityt, so not sure I have a favorite badge yet, maybe I'll say "Seed" being the first one, lol

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2024

My favorite kudos badge is the Problem Solver. I feel proud that I have been able to help someone else in the community!

Like # people like this
Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 29, 2024

Happy to see that so many of you enjoyed this month's Bite-Sized Learning! 

@Amanda Barber you've made my day, I'm so flattered! 😁

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2024

@PJ Zaiac My favourite kudos badges are (amongst others):

Problem Solver

Problem Solver.png

This Helped Me!

This Helped Me.png

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2024

@Angelie Stephens You've got kudos!

Like # people like this
Els Bassant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2024

The bite-sized learning badges are some of my favourite!
So far each one have taught me at least something new.

Like # people like this
PJ Zaiac
Community Manager
January 29, 2024

What amazing choices from you all  - thank you for helping me start my week with your favorite badges :) Just Because Kudos coming your way to…:

@Trudy Claspill  for showing off your eco-friendly badge trio 🌳

@Laurie Sciutti for paying it forward to new community members and reminding us that we’re all in this together 💖

@Colin Nixon  for growing with us - welcome in! 🌱

@Els Bassant for Bite-Sized Learning Love 🤓

Have a great week everyone!! ✨

Like # people like this
Tamara MacPherson February 2, 2024

Thanks for the great overview.  My fav badge so far is the Peekaboo badge.  One of my fav games with my grandkids when they were babies, so it makes me smile when I see it.  :)

Like # people like this
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2024

Amazing, Innovative way!!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Bill Jovcevski February 4, 2024

Thanks for the post, nice to hear a bit more about kudos. I am still new to this community - My favourite badge which I have not yet earnt is taco the Dog one...

Like # people like this
pam_hite_wbd_com February 12, 2024

Great video Angelie!  My favorite badge so far is the Warm Welcome Badge :)

Like # people like this
Amanda Mateo February 16, 2024

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cupid kudos

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events