Got feedback on release tracks?

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2021

Hi everyone!

It's been a while. My apologies for not being more active in this group. Our teams have been heads down with planning and exploring ideas to improve our change management-related features.

We've received a great deal of feedback on the sandbox experience (thanks again to those who provided their input) and have our hands full planning the next few iterations. I'd like to use this discussion to shift gears a bit and focus on release tracks.

As a quick recap, release tracks determine when you and your users get Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and Confluence changes and new features. With release tracks, you’ll now have 3 release schedule options to choose from - continuous, bundled, and preview (for sandboxes only). 

A few questions that I'd like to ask the group:

1. Are you using release tracks today?
    1. If you are, what do you like about it?
    2. If you aren't, why not?
  2. What could make the release tracks a better experience for you?

Thanks so much in advance! Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers,

Matt

2 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

@Matt Tse - hey Matt!

I'm not personally using release tracks, but I've heard that the current release track offerings aren't clearly explained enough (I read the descriptions of the three current track options and agree), and aren't long enough (4-6 weeks isn't enough for some institutions).

Bundled and Preview seem to have a relationship, so I'd figure they should be next to each other in the table.

Like Matt Tse likes this
Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2021

Thanks for the feedback Dave! Could you tell me more about what's not clear in the documentation? How can we make it easier to understand?

Totally hear you on the timeframe. Can you help me understand what scenarios would require a lengthier cycle? I'm familiar with some of the regulatory reasons such as those who work in the health care / medical device sectors.

Cheers,

Matt

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2021

This really should be part of standard as well. If you simply look at it holistically from a product perspective it makes a lot of sense. Not everything should be about driving individuals to premium for the added revenue. I may simply not be understanding the added cost of such a feature. So maybe that added cost if any would explain why premium.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events