Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When trying to log into bitbucket account I get "We couldn’t log you in You may run into this...".

chrisdew April 6, 2023

When trying to log into bitbucket account I get:

We couldn’t log you in

You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again.

I've tried three browsers on both Linux and WIndows, so I assume this must be account-related.

I'm posting here because I read: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Unable-to-login-Bitbucket-We-couldn-t-log-you-in/qaq-p/1896018

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2023

Hello @chrisdew ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I've checked internally and the bitbucket account associated with the email you used to post this question is currently Active, so you should be able to login with it. If the bitbucket account you are trying to access has a different email address, we kindly ask you to log in with the affected email in Atlassian Community and post a new question or respond here so we can verify that email as well.

Also, make sure you are using one of the Bitbucket supported browsers, and also try using the Incognito mode of your browser to test if any extensions/cache might be causing the issue with the login.

Thank you, @chrisdew !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events