Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login Bitbucket - We couldn’t log you in

Vasanthan Ramachandran December 26, 2021

Hi,

i am getting following error when login to bit bucket account.

"You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again."

Thanks,

Vasanthan

4 answers

2 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2022

Hi everyone,

If you came across this question because you are facing the same error, we want to ensure you get help. We ask that you please create a new question through https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/bitbucket-questions

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2021

Hi @Vasanthan Ramachandran,

I checked in our system and the Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your community account was marked as inactive, which I believe is the reason why you couldn't log in.

I went ahead and reactivated your account, could you please try to log in now?

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Vasanthan Ramachandran December 27, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale 

now working properly.Thanks

Regards,

Vasanthan

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
December 27, 2021

Hi Vasanthan,

Thank you for the update and you are very welcome.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

joshua barrett February 11, 2022

Having the same issue... no idea what to do

0 votes
joshua barrett February 11, 2022

Having this same issue.  Every browser.  All machines.  Both mac and windows.  The "tricks" do not work.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
February 11, 2022

Hi @joshua barrett ,

Your Bitbucket Cloud account was marked as inactive/dormant as well, I went ahead and reactivated so you should be able to access it now. Please feel free to let me know if the issue is resolved.

For any other users who may come across this post with the same issue:

• Please create a new question about your issue instead of replying here.
    This way, if I am out of office, another member of the Atlassian team can see your new question and assist you faster (while they won't get notified if you reply here).  

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2021

Hi @Vasanthan Ramachandran

Welcome to the community!

Take a look at this post for some workaround on this issue: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Cannot-access-JIRA-in-Chrome-anymore/qaq-p/1525331

Regards

Vasanthan Ramachandran December 26, 2021

Hi,

I already tried all methods and all browsers(edge,chrome,firefox). for me JIRA working properly . i am having issue with Bitbucket alone.

1) Whenever try to login the below error page only shown.but when clicking the Bitbucket link it goes to dashboard page.(2)

bitbucket login issue 2.png

2) After moving to dashboard page , the page keep on asking username and password ( *enter credentials also not working). even after cancel the popup box , it will keep on asking username password for 3 or 4 times.

bitbucket login issue.png

3) After cancel the sign in pop box ,if i click any of the link in the dashboard .again it goes to step (1)

Regards,

Vasanthan

Copois Pierre February 3, 2022

any news ?

I have the same problem.

Regards

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2022

Hi @Copois Pierre,

The Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your community account was marked as inactive as well, so I went ahead and reactivated it.

Please feel free to let me know if you are able to access your account now.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Henrique Monnerat February 21, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale I am having the same issue. Can you please help me? 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
February 28, 2022

Hi @Henrique Monnerat,

Your Bitbucket Cloud account was marked as dormant as well, I went ahead and reactivated it. Please feel free to let me know if you are able to access it now.

For any other users who may come across this post with the same issue:

• Please create a new question about your issue instead of replying here.
    This way, if I am out of office, another member of the Atlassian team can see your new question and assist you faster (they won't get notified if you reply here).  

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Henrique Monnerat likes this
Henry Canastero March 3, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale I am experiencing the same issue described here, for sure my account should be inactive as has passed a long time since my last login. I'd really appreciate if you can help me out.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2022

Hi @Henry Canastero,

Of course, your Bitbucket Cloud account was inactive as well so I went ahead and reactivated it.

Please feel free to let me know if you are able to access it now.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Henry Canastero March 4, 2022

You are awesome @Theodora Boudale , thank you so much!

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Philippe Durand March 5, 2022

Hello @Theodora Boudale would you be able to check mine as well, <email_removed>, I'm not sure why it would be saying dormant, I just created it but it says its not allowing me to login even though I can access Jira and other services?

I get the same unable to login as everyone else for bitbucket.org only

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2022

Hi @Philippe Durand,

I see that you created a support ticket for this issue and your Bitbucket Cloud account has been reactivated.

Just a heads up, I removed your email from your post to protect your privacy.

Kind regards,
Theodora

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events