Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Garbage Collection

dwilt_tns February 7, 2022

I am trying to reduce the size of one of my repositories which is just over 2GB.  I have deleted many branches but the the size has not been reduced.  I have the Labs Delete dangling commits when over size limit enabled but this does not appear to be cleaning anything up.

I believe that I need GC ran on my repository and since we have no way to do this ourselves I am creating this request.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2022

Hi, @dwilt_tns, thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

I found one repo owned by your workspace with a size of 2.0 GB, so I ran a git GC on it and its size is 1.6 GB now.

I also would like to share with you that we have a feature request to allow users to mark repositories for git GC, as you can check here: 

Please consider adding yourself as a watcher to receive the updates as we make progress with this. If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here.

Feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

@Caroline R thank you.  I confirm that you have ran git GC on the correct repository.

I also have voted for the new feature you linked.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2022

Hi, @dwilt_tns

Thanks for the confirmation! I'm glad to help. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2022

@Pramodh M yes I found that post and I am following the correct procedure, correct?  We are not able to run GC ourselves and need to put in a support request to have this done.  Am I missing something?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2022

Yes Atlassian Team will run the GC and update you @dwilt_tns 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events