Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Garbage Collection

Mikina January 22, 2022

Hello!

We are having issues with garbage collection on one of our repositories

We have enabled the Garbage collection feature in the labs, but even after we reverted back to the largest file commit from history and forced push the changes, we are still unable to push back the rest of the repo. Can I please ask for manual garbage collection, if that fixes the issue?

Or, can we please get an option to push above 4gb limit? We have run some cleaning on the repo, converted more files onto LFS and the repo should now be small - after pushing the whole repo to another git provider, the whole size is only 1gb git and 3gb LFS, so that should not be an issue. We would love to push the repo back to bitbucket and continue working here.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2022

HI @Mikina 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community. My name is Norbert and I'm a Bitbucket Cloud Support Engineer, it's nice to meet you!

Please excuse me for the late reply. I've already run the GC for you on 24/1, but I forgot to update this ticket. The size has decreased from 4GB to 1.2GB.

Unfortunately it's not possible to run a GC by yourself, yet. Currently we have a feature request for this as you can see in the link below:

* BCLOUD-11593 - Allow users to mark repositories for git gc (BB-13894)

Our development team will give a first-hand update on that ticket if there's any progress made so I would suggest keeping a watch and vote for it.

Do note however that there's no ETA on enhancement request, and all enhancements are implemented with this policy in mind: Implementation of New Features Policy - Atlassian Documentation

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

Mikina January 31, 2022

Thank you, that was exactly what we needed, the repository is all right now.

Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2022

Perfect, you're welcome :). I'm glad to hear I was able to help.

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022
Mikina January 24, 2022

Hello,

while the post mentions exactly the same issue, the accepted answer is "We have ran garbage collection on your repository, it should be ok now". Which would help me, but there is no way how to run it manualy from our side and it has to be requested by posting a question (such as this one) and then someone from Atllasian Team has to run garbage collection on our specific repository.

Thank you for your answer, but I don't see how will looking at someone else's request for garbage collection for their repository help me with my repository. Maybe I'm just missing something, though.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events