Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I stopped receiving bitbucket email notifications (once again)

Radoslaw Kowalewski March 9, 2021

The very same problem as described here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/I-stopped-receiving-bitbucket-email-notifications/qaq-p/1473605

Could anybody remove my email from the bounce list?

radoslaw.kowalewski2 [at] rb.com

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Radoslaw Kowalewski ,

Your email was indeed in the bounce list, I went ahead and removed it.

Please feel free to let us know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Radoslaw Kowalewski March 9, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale 

Bitbucket notifications are reaching my mailbox once again! Thank you very much for your support.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

That's good to hear, and you are very welcome!

Radoslaw Kowalewski March 10, 2021

@Theodora Boudale I'm sorry for tagging you directly but seems like I'm on the bounce list once again. Could you please help? Do you have any hints on how to prevent this situation in the future? Is there any other way to handle this problem on your end?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 10, 2021

Hi @Radoslaw Kowalewski ,

Thanks for letting me know and it's perfectly ok to tag me directly.

I can see your email in the bounce list and I went ahead and removed it.

The error message in that bounce event was different than yesterday's, specifically:

553 Message filtered. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=TECH246726 for more information. (#5.7.1)

I assume that your company is using some software from broadcom? If I check the troubleshooting page listed above and look for the specific error message (553-Message filtered), I get to the following page:

It looks that our emails are flagged as spam by your mail server, which results in these hard bounce events. We cannot really do anything from our side, as the hard bounce response is something that comes from your mail server and indicates a permanent error, which is why the email is placed in a suppression list.

My suggestion would be to contact the administrator of your mail server, provide them with the error message I gave you above and the links included for troubleshooting, in order for them to prevent our emails from being flagged as spam.

The date and time of this last hard bounce event was 09 Mar 21 13:55 UTC, in case this is needed.

Please feel free to let me know if you need any further info.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Radoslaw Kowalewski March 10, 2021

@Theodora Boudale thank you very much for the detailed answer. I'll try to handle it with the administrator of our mail server.

Radoslaw Kowalewski March 14, 2021

@Theodora Boudale email administrator claims that some adjustments have been made. Meanwhile, my mail landed on the bounce list once again ;) Could you please remove it? I hope I will not need to bother you with this problem again in the future ;) 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2021

Hi @Radoslaw Kowalewski ,

Thank you for the update, your email was indeed in the bounce list again and I went ahead and I removed it.

I hope the changes that were made will resolve the issue :) But please feel free to reach out if you need anything further!

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

+1 for Support Ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events