How do I leave a team in Bitbucket?

Hi,

I have been added to a team by an administrator of that team. I no longer want to be a member of the team. How do I remove myself from the team without contacting the administrator?

1 answer

Christian, there is a "Leave team" button that can be found on the Team's profile page in Bitbucket. You may have to click the arrow next to "Manage team" to see it. If you don't see either, please come to support with the details and we can help remove you.

The "leave team" button seems to only exist for teams on which I am an administrator.

On this team I am an administrator:

And when I am not an administrator:

If this is correct, is it then on purpose that one is not able to remove himself from a team if he is not an administrator?

This is still a problem.  

I cannot leave the team from my past employer, and they still have me as a team member.  There's no way for me to leave the team. 

Searching a little more I found that if you open this URL (replacing <TeamName> with the name of the team you want to leave), you will be able to leave the team even if you are not an admin.

https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<TeamName>/leave-team/ 

I did this right now and it worked perfectly. 

Still dont work... lol...

All the comments about https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<TeamName>/leave-team/  working are either wrong, no longer apply, or the link can some how be disabled by an administrator. I have a team I'm stuck in and can not remove myself, and it has a lot of repositories. The link only ever says that I must have access to view that page, and does not remove me from the team. I still see way more things on my overview than I would like. Major fail after all this time Atlassian. Please fix this issue, so we can do this simple action ourselves.

It works if you include the trailing slash... and you're an administrator. Just did it.

@Panagis Alisandratos were you an administrator of that team? I also just tried it, and the slash is there, and it does not work. It says "You must have access to this account to view this page" unlike if I'm an admin of a team. I can go to the team page, look at the member list, and see myself in it. Perhaps I have some edge case that is broken, but it clearly does not work for this particular team; who knows.

It would seem logical that one could see all the teams they are a member by going to this link. https://bitbucket.org/<user>/profile/teams versus owned/administered teams. Then, one should be able to remove themselves from any team directly on that page. At the moment, I only see the teams for which I have created, and not all the ones which I'm a member.

Yes, I think I was an admin. update my previous comment.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

675 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot