Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Integration with Google Hangouts Chat

Todd Moore March 8, 2018

I've tried to create a webhook from Bitbucket repo to Google's New "Hangouts Chat" product and it did not work.  Has anyone found a way to make it post updates to a chat room?  Does Bitbucket have plans to support the platform?

9 answers

6 votes
Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2019

Hello,

I am a product owner of a Hangouts Chat bot for Bitbucket (cloud). We have just released it and you can use it right now. Just invite @[deleted] to your space or pm. 

As for now he can notify you on pull requests and builds but will quickly learn how to notify you on new commits or comments. In time we plan to teach him to speak to Jira (cloud) and later to server versions of Jira and Bitbucket.

We are using it internally for over a month now.

For now it is a free beta. He will always be free for serving open source and public projects, but private projects (and repositories) will be, eventually for reasonable price. 

Any feedback is for sure welcomed :) - we would love to hear from you how to improve our bot and make him super useful.

Regards,

Piotr

Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2019
Like # people like this
Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2019

We would be thankful for any feedback about our bot. We have a broad road map of features and need a boost in priorities. 

Jason Brooks April 17, 2019

Hi Piotr. I just invited the bot to a room this morning and I'm going through the 'help' commands now. The other developers are excited about having this feature and we will provide feedback as it becomes available. Thank you!

Like Piotr Bojko likes this
Naveen Joseph Gabriel August 6, 2021

For a particular repository, how can i add web hooks. 

4 votes
Willy Acuña July 7, 2018

I would like to know how this order is going, I want to move from slack to goggle hangout chat since we use gsuite

2 votes
Jason Brooks November 20, 2018

I'd also be interested in finding out if there will be integration with Google's new "Chat" product which is currently just for business accounts.  Like Willy, we also use the GSuite of applications for our business and a webhook from Bitbucket would be worth exploring for us.

Julien Bras November 20, 2018

We are also thinking of using chat webhooks + bitbucket api to do something but if atlassian want to provide something directly I will be happy :D 

Julien Bras December 18, 2018

Hello we have a tool here. I am about to think of releasing this bot publicly (today it is available only for my Gsuite domain), I need to check the process and maybe get a better hosting ;)

2 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2018

Hi Kelly, currently there's no integration between Bitbucket and Google Hangouts.

As an alternative, we offer HipChat Server, which you can integrate with Bitbucket Server. Regarding Stride (our Cloud chat solution) the integration will come soon, you can read more in this thread.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Todd Moore March 9, 2018

Are there plans to support Google Hangouts Chat with Webhooks or is that something Google would provide? 

Julien Bras November 20, 2018

@Ana Retamal Now that HipChat is no longer in the party, can Atlassian consider again something for Hangout Chat ? :D

Like # people like this
Jon Aritz Real November 22, 2018

it would be great

Like Diego Alcántara likes this
Thaneesh November 30, 2018

We moved from Slack to Hangout Chat, as we are using the GSuite.  Hangout Chat has picked up a lot of pace.  It would be really awesome if Atlassian provides Bitbucket webhook integration here.

Like # people like this
Julien Bras November 30, 2018

I am currently experimenting to create a bot using Hubot because there is already scripts for bitbucket-pr and adapter for hangout-chat...

Will update if I can do something !

Thaneesh November 30, 2018

Very cool.

Julien Bras November 30, 2018

It is #workinprogress but it's here.

1 vote
Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2019

Hello,

We have just starting evaluating support for Bitbucket Server in form of an additional plugin. If anyone is interested, here is a simple poll about it - https://forms.gle/emKjNDMUHwNL1dVn8 or just simply reply me or make a contact. 

Regards,

Piotr

Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2019

We have released version of Atlas for Bitbucket Server, see it on the market - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220456/atlas-hangouts-chat-bot-for-bitbucket?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Manish Manandhar August 17, 2022

Please provide us with a default integration just like with slack. We use google chat and looking to integrate all bibbucket alerts to Google Chat.

0 votes
justin.grimme September 4, 2019

Piotr - the integration bit Bitbucket and Google Hangouts with the atlas bot is fantastic.  It has greatly helped track who in our team is making changes and when they happen.  Thank you for all your hard work in developing this bot.

Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2019

Thx!

Don't hesitate to leave a review on Atlassian Market!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220456/atlas-hangouts-chat-bot-for-bitbucket?hosting=cloud&tab=reviews#write-review

Thanks again for your words.

We are now heading to enable support for Bitbucket Server users - because no one will be left behind :) . And then, who knows - maybe Jira :> ?

0 votes
Jon Aritz Real April 17, 2019

Hello I am getting this error after inviting the bot to one room not i am unable to invite him again (I deleted him from one room and invited him to another one)

{"principal":"carecloudteam","error_description":"Error calling installed at URL https://atlas.app.codedoers.com/api/bitbucket/installed: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://atlas.app.codedoers.com/api/bitbucket/installed","error":"server_error"}
Mateusz Daleki [Codedoers] April 17, 2019

Hi Jon,

There are problems after registering the application in the Bitbucket Marketplace, that blocks users from subsequent authorization.

We will provide the fix asap or at least workaround for this problem before end of the day.

Please create the support ticket at our support portal https://codedoers.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 - we will notify you about any changes to this topic.

Regards,

Mateusz

Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2019

When we have submitted the bot to Atlassian and Bitbucket Markets - the authorization flow has changed in a Bitbucket and this was the cause of troubles.  We have found a bug and fixed it already.

Please try the bot again :) .

Sorry for inconvenience  - we were not aware that after a submitting an app to the market the authorization flow for it would ever change. Lesson learned.

John C August 20, 2019

Similar to above, I added an tested Atlas in a private room (that sounds weird) and it worked great. Then moved him to our dev room and it can join and shows the welcome message but none of the commands (@atlas connect bitbucket) work. They all seem to fail silently.

Have removed the bot at both ends (Chat and BitBucket) and put back again, but still nothing. 

Any ideas? Thanks - John

Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2019

Hello,

When in private rooms/space - Atlas sees all messages and can react. But when in normal room/space, Atlas wont see any messages unless those in which it is mentioned.

And this is probably where the problem is - mentioning in hangouts does not work fluently. When proper mentioned - the mention will change its color and would be bolded. See example below.

When typing a mention (with any bot in hangouts) wait until its name will be hinted and choose it to ensure mention will be recorded by hangouts and properly delivered to the mentioned bot.

This is not an issue addressed to Atlas but the UX in hangouts.

If this is not your case - go to our support for further assistace

Screenshot (3).png

Like Christian González likes this
John C August 21, 2019

Yes! Clicking on the "atlas" in the list that shows up fixes the problem. Just typing @[deleted] is not enough, as you point out.

That must be annoying for you! Maybe add to the FAQ - pretty sure I searched that first.

Thanks for your help! 

0 votes
Julien Bras December 18, 2018

Hello

My company have developed a chat bot for Bitbucket / Hangouts Chat here. It is currently available only on my Gsuite domain. I will check if I can open it to general public,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events