Will Stride Cloud integrate with JIRA Server?

Micheal Hunt September 7, 2017

Currently, we run JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket locally on our servers and subscribe to HipChat Cloud.  Will Stride also integrate the same way?

9 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2018

Hi all,

We have released Jira Server Compatibility with Stride

Please download the add-on for Jira here:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218852/

Please see the following documentation for how to set Jira Server up for Stride:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/stride-documentation/send-jira-server-notifications-to-stride-950820921.html

Thanks!

Trevor

Franck Bebel May 29, 2018

Thank you !

Matt June 6, 2018

Thank you.

Will it have two way ticket interaction as a feature? i.e. Comment onto tickets from chat

Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

Hi all, quick update!

A partner of ours, nextup.ai, has shipped an integration between Jira Server and Stride that lets you create, edit, query and track issues from Stride and get notified when things change in Jira. It supports issue-key mentions. We've been really impressed with the app so far.

It is a paid app with free trial via the Atlassian Marketplace. Here is the Marketplace listing for the app. Note that you need to be a Jira administrator to install and configure it.

Will June 18, 2018

@Trevor Thompson, is this a short term solution, or will JIRA server customers just generally be expected to pay extra to integrate to another Atlassian product?

Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2018

@Will We understand we need to add support for this feature in the official Atlassian integration. In this instance our partner has beat us to the punch and shipped it before we did - so we gave them a shout out and let you know it's available if this use case is critical to you today. 

Will June 18, 2018

Thanks, @Trevor Thompson, good to know it's a short-term bridge.

Suso Merino June 20, 2018

Hello,

I'm right now working with nextup plugin and everything is ok. They have a great team to solve the installation issues.

Thank you.

22 votes
Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2017

Hey Michael! 

Great question - yes we plan on having Stride work with our server products, just not immediately at launch. 

Daniel Dolinov October 4, 2017

Kesha, is there a timeframe for when the integration will take place?

Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
October 4, 2017

Hey Daniel! 

Nothing concrete just yet, but it's in our roadmap. We'll keep you guys updated when we have more information to share! 

Sharon Desize November 10, 2017

One month later...when would you expect integration?

it seems like this would be a major point for pulling in Jira users that are currently using slack.

kevin November 16, 2017

my team is having same concern and we also use hubot-adaptor for hipchat as well. we can't move to stride if it can't provide  equivalent functionality.

Greg Janess November 24, 2017

We will not be able to consider Stride until it supports Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket Server integrations. What is the ETA for these integrations?

Deleted user November 28, 2017

what is the ETA for the integrations? 

Jon Watts November 30, 2017

Hi Kesha (sorry I couldn't @ mention you in the thread) 

It would be really useful if Atlassian could publish some 'target' dates for Stride integration with other Atlassian and 3rd party services/products (both Cloud and Server) as people will not want to invest much time in kicking the tyres with this product if we are unclear of when we will be able to use Stride v's the competition.

Moritz Haendel November 30, 2017

This is a must have feature, i was kinda disappointed not seeing it available.

Kamcheung Sham December 12, 2017

We're not happy with HipChat's performance. We like HipChat integration with Atlassian products; and UptimeRobot and other 3rd party tools.

Atlassian, help us help you by not overlooking these critical features.

Will January 12, 2018

+1 for "integration to JIRA Server will make or break our evaluation of Stride"

Susanne Coates March 9, 2018

Jira server integration is an important feature for us as well. We will be patient as the Atlassian team fills-out the features of stride; however, this has its limits. We are currently looking at other solutions for our team communications which we will likely move to if this deficiency goes unaddressed.

Franck Bebel March 14, 2018

Still waiting for this integration.

Moritz Haendel March 16, 2018

We finally made the move and switched to slack. Support of hipchat is no longer existent, support for stride is a joke, mandatory integrations don't work.

The decision to release stride so early and discontinue hipchat was a faulty decision.

However: There are better teamchats now available, which wasn't really the case in ol' hipchat times

Will March 30, 2018

Kesha, any update six months later?

Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2018

Hi all, first of all we want to apologize for the lack of updates. We believe integrations with Atlassian’s Server products are key to the success of Stride, and as such will be a source of continued investment. We had to prioritize other initiatives first, but the work has resumed on the Jira Server integration - with Confluence and Bitbucket next in line.

We’re pleased to share that we have a first beta version of the Jira Server integration ready. It works with Jira version 7.2-7.8. What it supports:

• Sending notifications from Jira projects to Stride rooms when issues are created, transitioned, commented on, etc.
  • These notifications can be configured by project administrators and global administrators
  • The configuration can use a basic filter, or JQL 

What it doesn't support yet

• When a user mentions an issue key in a room or pastes a link to the issue: Jira sends information about the ticket to the room
  • Creating dedicated rooms for a ticket and inviting users there

If you’d like to use the beta integration and help us test it, please send us a note at strideapi@atlassian.com with the following details:

• Jira version
  • Number of users
  • Approximate number of active projects you plan to use the integration with
  • Which other apps/add-ons the Jira instance has

We’ll send you more information on how and when you can access it.

For everyone else: the integration will be made available in the Marketplace after the beta period ends, and we'll post an update on this ticket. 

5 votes
Brian Sutton February 23, 2018

+100 for integrating to the server line of products.  Team was initially excited about pursuing this as a team collaboration solution but this seems like a deal breaker for us as we have no intention of moving to the cloud solutions.

2 votes
Serverbeheer - census March 3, 2018

@Kesha Thill Any update on this?

2 votes
david
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 28, 2017

Same for us, one of the key features that you Atlassian sells is the integration between your products. If you launch a new one like Stride, is a MUST to at least integrate with yourself.

david
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 28, 2017

Btw, I've created this issue, please vote https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-565

Christian Seyboth December 5, 2017

same for us ... you atlassian guys should think about your release planning...

I expected task creation to my boards / epics etc. This is already possible for example at Slack & Asana. 

But really terrible is, that i even can´t connect to jira boards generally to pull my tasks into rooms.

ouch..

david
Solutions Partner
December 5, 2017

For sure will an App Vendor that will create one to connect with each other. But is a pity that Atlassian doesn't cover it. Is about their own products!

1 vote
Benn Gehman July 27, 2018

Well, so much for that - we purposely didn't go with Slack and tried for Stride - now, off to look for yet another integration.

#sad

1 vote
Martin Abraham February 26, 2018

+1 for Jira Server support. Not only for the newest server versions, please. Without forcing/cross selling the purchase of jira support licenses.

The lack of integration is another hurdle that makes it harder to argue for atlassian products. it's a pity, because stride is one of the products that offer a user-friendly ui, in contrast to Jira.

0 votes
Jessie July 17, 2018

Also check out this new, really sweet and comprehensive Jira Server & Cloud app made by our partners at Nextup: https://www.stride.com/apps/integrate-stride-with-jira-servercloud

0 votes
Abel Lineberger December 18, 2017

I am seeing BitBucket, Confluence and JIRA integrations as Apps in Stride now.  What I do not see is a method to post a message to a specific room in Stride on an issue transition in a JIRA workflow (aka the Notify Hipchat function).

Is that what this thread is about?

Jon Watts December 18, 2017

Hi @Abel Lineberger where are you seeing "JIRA integrations as Apps in Stride now"?

Open the room, click on the Nut icon on the right side, under Apps find Jira Cloud, Confluence Cloud, BitBucket Cloud, gliffy, etc integrations.

Note these are basic announcements for transitions/activities - not the "Notify Hipchat on Transition" functionality available in JIRA workflows.

Am using the Windows version of the app....

Thaks @Abel Lineberger I guess this is only switched on for JIRA Server currently as I don't see this with our Stride/JIRA Cloud instance. Which is a shame :-(

We're JIRA Software/Agile cloud, Confluence Cloud, Service Desk Cloud, Stride Cloud.  

Hi @Abel Lineberger Could you post some screen grabs of what you're seeing?

Micheal Hunt December 18, 2017

None of that helps for this issue, since that is still just the cloud service integrations and not integrations with our on-site JIRA server or our on-site Bitbucket server.  I can integrate Slack with them, or HipChat, but not Stride.

Capture3.PNGCapture.PNGCapture4.PNGThere ya go, @Jon Watts

Thanks @Abel Lineberger for some reason I'm not seeing the nut icon in Stride?

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

Its there, did you upgrade yet?

Kamcheung Sham December 18, 2017

It's not on our version of the app (Mac and Windows) nor browser-based Stride yet.

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

Did you run the upgrade?

Hi @Arthur Mack upgrade? I'm on Web Version 1.8.69 & Desktop Version 1.8.18

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2017

Web Version 1.8.69

Desktop Version 1.8.18

I saw the apps after i let in run the upgrade.

Intergration is simple and painless and runs real slick.

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2017

stride-cap.PNG

no upgrade to run?

2017-12-18 22_39_29-Stride.png

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

All I know is when I ran the upgrade there was the APP icon. I have no idea why you do not have one. Good luck  finding it.

Rodolfo January 18, 2018

Is that the integration for Cloud Confluence and Jira or Server or both? This question is specifically for Server.

Benn Gehman January 18, 2018

I can see the nut, but can't connect to JIRA server - this would be a necessary connection for us as well to consider using Stride.

Micke January 19, 2018

Seems to be some confusion here. Jira CLOUD is available but NOT Jira SERVER (on premises installation). I see that setting but it is for Jira/Confluence cloud only.

I REALLY hope Atlassian isn't going to transition us from HipChat to Stride without having integrations with Jira SERVER (on premises or private cloud).

Maybe Atlassian's plan is to partition customers into "cloud only" and "on premises only"? I don't know…

Would be nice if Atlassian could give some clear answers about their intentions, but since september it seems they are stalling, answers are often unclear (we are working on it, soon, it takes time, we have no definitive deadline, sooner rather than later, thanks for your patience, it's on our roadmap etc).

But really, after months of pre release testing one could expect Atlassian to be able to shed more light on the alleged roadmap and on who Stride is for (and not for).

Our users that tested Stride have now gone back to HipChat

Kevin Murray January 25, 2018

Atlassian Team? Any update? @keshav? Anyone? We NEED JIRA server integration!

Kamcheung Sham January 25, 2018

I'm on the latest Stride on Windows and connected to our Jira Cloud. However, when I tried to set the filter to a particular room, I can only see the first 10 projects. Can't use the field to search/access any other projects.

So, I think even  Jira Cloud is not that ready. 

Atlassian is building great looking products; but notorious about sharing plan and timing of anything.

Moritz Haendel January 26, 2018

Still no Server Addons. We just had a rollback to hipchat, stride now is well-meant badly done.

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2018

+1 for "integration to JIRA Server will make or break our evaluation of Stride"

Moritz Haendel March 16, 2018

We finally made the move and switched to slack. Support of hipchat is no longer existent, support for stride is a joke, mandatory integrations don't work.

The decision to release stride so early and discontinue hipchat was a faulty decision.

However: There are better teamchats now available, which wasn't really the case in ol' hipchat times :)

Kevin Murray March 16, 2018

Yeah it's mind boggling why they did it this way. They obviously don't care about their JIRA server users so this must be some passive aggressive way of pushing more people to the cloud version. I'm looking at JIRA alternatives now as well due to this one inane issue. Good luck Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events