Bitbucket - An account with that name already exists

Arthur Novikov November 1, 2022

I'm trying to change my bitbucket name to the one I use everywhere, but I'm getting a message that the account already exists. So it's tied to some other mail, but I can't remember which one. How can I find out?

1.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2022

Try logging in with that account, you'll be offered "forgot password" options which will email it. 

Bear in mind that Cloud no longer supports non-Atlassian accounts any more - see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/Deactivation-of-user-accounts-that-lack-an-Atlassian-account/ba-p/2169213

Arthur Novikov November 2, 2022

I can't login by name. To log in, I need to enter the email address associated with the "booked" login, but I don't remember it. That is the problem. I'm trying to log in through Atlassian and Bitbucket - the same.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

If you've lost the account, there's nothing you can do.

Arthur Novikov November 3, 2022

Perhaps technical support can help me remember the email associated with the account, or release the nickname?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events