Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

BitBucket login loop "OpenID transaction in progress" Edited

I have logged in via GMail, which was tied to an old Atlassian account I had. Now, whenever I try to login, either via GMail (OAuth) or just using my email as account, I get stuck in an endless "OpenID transaction in progress".

Any details on how to fix this?

8 answers

Found the solution in another thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Infinite-redirect-loop-only-when-logging-into-BitBucket/qaq-p/848588

"I had the same problem and found a solution:
Go to https://id.atlassian.com and log out - then you will be able to login again. "

It didn't work. I was too eager to post thinking that would be the solution. I'm stuck not able to login to my bitbucket account. 

So frustrating to waste time with this kind of basic issue! what a mess!

• Thanks so much! This drove me insane! I wasted a lot of time on this.

Oh yeah damn - this didn't fix it. I can't get a license for sourcetree! that's all I want!

1 vote

Hi all,

I understand this is very frustrating.

If you cannot solve the issue by re-login as @Gilson Cavalcanti introduced here, your account is possibly a team account.

As announced at this blog post, you no longer are able to log in as a team account since 2014.

So what you have to do is:

1. Go to https://bitbucket.org/account/signup/
  2. Create an individual account by the same email address with the team account

Hope this helps.

It doesn't help. This is suddenly an issue for us.

"You already have a Bitbucket Cloud account with the email address"

Only thing that seems to work is logging into an admin account that is NOT the "team" account e-mail address.

Hi, I'm kind of sure that my account is not a team account but I can't log-in with any of the workarrounds out-there. Can you please check my account and tell me if is it a "team" account?

Same situation here. 

same situation here, cannot login on chrome, or firefox, erased cookies, tried the information on this thread, nothing works.

ok this may not be nothing but a flunk but I followed the link https://bitbucket.org/account/signup/ in a private window then gave my email like if i was entering the email for the first time, it said welcome back and nothing happened then i tried to log in and it went to my dashboard. then i closed the window and tried again on my browser(firefox, non private mode) and it went back to the same behavior(login loop).

but i can enter in private mode no problem.

but no, i cant enter in a non private browser.

addendum, I logged back out and nope. nothing.

addendum, nope, doesnt matter what i do i can not login in a non private mode browser.

addendum, now i cant do that anymore with a private window, seems it was a fluke or something.

addendum now i can log in back with those accounts on a private window of course.

adendum : turned off adblock. it worked.

Like Filipposan likes this

I had the same issue with  Bitbucket server. The problem was because the users in bitbucket were marked as "Unlicensed". 
See here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/What-does-UNLICENSED-user-mean-in-Bitbucket-Server/ba-p/788968

So check the groups permissions for the users that is not able to log in. 

The behaviour may be different with bitbucket cloud. i don't know.  

Hi anyone have a properly solution for this issue "OpenID Transaction in progress".

Hi, 

the problem on my side was that the users that tried to log in where not having assigned groups in Bitbucket. So for the SSO Server (Keycloak on my side) the users were properly authenticated, but for Bitbucket the users where not authorized (but there no error mnessage regarding that). The Bitbucket was therefore thinking something went wrong with the SSO Server and send the redirect back to Keycloak and Keycloak its turn says everything is fine and redirects the user back to Bitbucket. And that was the origin of the endless loop. So I will suggest you to check if the users are not marked as "unlicensed" in Bitbucket (occurs when they don't have any groups). 
Normally Bitbucket should should also have this use case and display the corresponding error message when the SSO log in is failling because of "unlicensed" users. 
Regards,

Cedric

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,826 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you