Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket login loop "OpenID transaction in progress"

gbanhudo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 21, 2018

I have logged in via GMail, which was tied to an old Atlassian account I had. Now, whenever I try to login, either via GMail (OAuth) or just using my email as account, I get stuck in an endless "OpenID transaction in progress".

Any details on how to fix this?

8 answers

6 votes
Francisco Salinas Saez August 28, 2018

Same problem.

1 vote
K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2018

Hi all,

I understand this is very frustrating.

If you cannot solve the issue by re-login as @Gilson Cavalcanti introduced here, your account is possibly a team account.

As announced at this blog post, you no longer are able to log in as a team account since 2014.

So what you have to do is:

1. Go to https://bitbucket.org/account/signup/
  2. Create an individual account by the same email address with the team account

Hope this helps.

Brian Kramer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2019

It doesn't help. This is suddenly an issue for us.

"You already have a Bitbucket Cloud account with the email address"

Brian Kramer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2019

Only thing that seems to work is logging into an admin account that is NOT the "team" account e-mail address.

Luciano Elduayen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 8, 2020

Hi, I'm kind of sure that my account is not a team account but I can't log-in with any of the workarrounds out-there. Can you please check my account and tell me if is it a "team" account?

1 vote
Gilson Cavalcanti November 16, 2018

Found the solution in another thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Infinite-redirect-loop-only-when-logging-into-BitBucket/qaq-p/848588

"I had the same problem and found a solution:
Go to https://id.atlassian.com and log out - then you will be able to login again. "

It didn't work. I was too eager to post thinking that would be the solution. I'm stuck not able to login to my bitbucket account. 

So frustrating to waste time with this kind of basic issue! what a mess!

Jason Goodwin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 25, 2019
  • Thanks so much! This drove me insane! I wasted a lot of time on this.
Jason Goodwin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 25, 2019

Oh yeah damn - this didn't fix it. I can't get a license for sourcetree! that's all I want!

0 votes
Vinay Mv
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 14, 2019

Hi anyone have a properly solution for this issue "OpenID Transaction in progress".

Cedrico Djahan October 14, 2019

Hi, 

the problem on my side was that the users that tried to log in where not having assigned groups in Bitbucket. So for the SSO Server (Keycloak on my side) the users were properly authenticated, but for Bitbucket the users where not authorized (but there no error mnessage regarding that). The Bitbucket was therefore thinking something went wrong with the SSO Server and send the redirect back to Keycloak and Keycloak its turn says everything is fine and redirects the user back to Bitbucket. And that was the origin of the endless loop. So I will suggest you to check if the users are not marked as "unlicensed" in Bitbucket (occurs when they don't have any groups). 
Normally Bitbucket should should also have this use case and display the corresponding error message when the SSO log in is failling because of "unlicensed" users. 
Regards,

Cedric

0 votes
Cedrico Djahan August 21, 2019

I had the same issue with  Bitbucket server. The problem was because the users in bitbucket were marked as "Unlicensed". 
See here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/What-does-UNLICENSED-user-mean-in-Bitbucket-Server/ba-p/788968

So check the groups permissions for the users that is not able to log in. 

The behaviour may be different with bitbucket cloud. i don't know.  

0 votes
Filipposan August 16, 2019

ok this may not be nothing but a flunk but I followed the link https://bitbucket.org/account/signup/ in a private window then gave my email like if i was entering the email for the first time, it said welcome back and nothing happened then i tried to log in and it went to my dashboard. then i closed the window and tried again on my browser(firefox, non private mode) and it went back to the same behavior(login loop).

but i can enter in private mode no problem.

but no, i cant enter in a non private browser.

addendum, I logged back out and nope. nothing.

addendum, nope, doesnt matter what i do i can not login in a non private mode browser.

addendum, now i cant do that anymore with a private window, seems it was a fluke or something.

addendum now i can log in back with those accounts on a private window of course.

Nekosanfi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 18, 2019

adendum : turned off adblock. it worked.

Like Filipposan likes this
0 votes

same situation here, cannot login on chrome, or firefox, erased cookies, tried the information on this thread, nothing works.

0 votes

Same situation here. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events