Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket Cloud: Project Permissions

Alex Harper January 9, 2020

In BitBucket cloud, how do I set permissions for a private project? Specifically I want to give groups permissions to an entire project and all repositories within, but the only project settings I have are the name, key, description and privacy settings.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hi Alex, welcome to the Community!

Permissions can not be given on a per-project basis, permissions can only be applied on a per-repository basis.

What you could do is to create a group of users and set their permissions for the repositories that are contained within that project, this way whenever you add a new user or repo to that group all the permissions will be set at one 

For more info about this you can check Create and grant access to Team repositories.  

There's also a Feature request to implement this functionality, you can vote for it at site/master/issues/13202.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Leonti August 4, 2020

Hi Ana,

I have 150+ repositories and I would like to add a new group and allow it to access most of them. How can I achieve it without manually adding this group to each and every repository (would probably take a few hours of non-stop clicking)?

Thank you,

Leonti

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events