Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a system admin can i divide project with admin

Asha.Ahirwar December 27, 2017

Bitbucket project security level i want to create 2 admin and both admin have different-different project and they can't do anything with the other project. such as i have 10 project with 2 admin A and B.

A have 5 project and 

B have 5 project, now i want admin A can't do any thing with admin B's project and admin B can't do anything with admin A's project

How can i use project permission based on admin.

Kindly suggest for the same, its my client requirement

Regards,

Asha

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2017

Hi Asha! Project permissions are added on a "per project" basis, so you can give someone Admin permissions for project A, but not for project B, and viceversa. To modify permissions for a project:

1. Go to Settings > Permissions for the project. 
  2. In the 'User access' section, click on Add Users and look for the person you want to make an admin.
  3. Check the admin box to make him or her an admin for that project.

For more info you can read Using project permissions.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Ana

Asha.Ahirwar December 29, 2017

Thanks Ana!

But i want this restrictions based on Bitbucket admin not bitbucket project admin. as mention in this page the bitbucket admin can manage global permission and edit application setting Global permissions

My requirement is i have create 2 bitbucket admin and share some project to both and they don't do any thing in other project. 

is it possible? if yes then please suggest.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hi Asha, that won't be possible using the Global permissions, that's why we have the Project permissions specifically to cover that use scenario. 

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events