How to return back to original Server ID?

Unal Koksal December 27, 2017

Hi,

I have installed Bamboo Starter License on my own Windows 2012 Server. During the configuration it asked for a license key and I generated one by copying Server ID and pasting into my.atlassian.com license generation page.

Then I tried to import exported .zip file from my customer's Bamboo to get existing builds and deployments imported into my Bamboo, because we want to start managing websites on our own.

After I successfully import .zip file, my Bamboo's Server ID changed to the one which is actively working on its own server. There is no license problem or something. Builds and deployments are showing properly.

The problem is, when I try to link my Bamboo with Bitbucket Server hosted by my customer, as my customer's Bamboo is already linked with Bitbucket, I cannot link my new Bamboo with Bitbucket because I'm getting Server ID duplicate error inside Bitbucket.

What should I do? How can I return back to my originally generated Server ID which I used to generate my own license?

So that I will link my Bamboo with that Bitbucket Server.

Note: I have found this while searching, which I think it can be helpful for me but I don't remember or know what is my original Server ID.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi Unal,

As mentioned on the link shared by you, how about installing a new Bamboo Version (completely separately) then once the Bamboo starts up, copy the server id from the <bamboo-home-dir>/bamboo.cfg.xml file and replacing the same from the required Bamboo bamboo.cfg.xml file. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events